Dining time (no waitlist option)

Mistyhon

When I booked and selected dining time it only has late or YTD (and no option to select waitlist for early.)

How do I get on the early waitlist?

We're plat, so I have confidence it will clear, but I've never had this issue before. It's always been an option or I had a TA do it.

I'd just book the YTD for right now. You can request the same waitstaff if you prefer and the Hub app seems to be a hit for dining confirmations. Seems like late dining is always the last choice. Wondering if the waitlist option is only available to your TA? You can always try to switch times the first afternoon if they don't have a waitlist available.

Guest BasicSailor
11 minutes ago, mondello said:

I'd just book the YTD for right now. You can request the same waitstaff if you prefer and the Hub app seems to be a hit for dining confirmations. Seems like late dining is always the last choice. Wondering if the waitlist option is only available to your TA? You can always try to switch times the first afternoon if they don't have a waitlist available.

Agree with Mondello, as you said it will more than likely clear but why stress when YTD early arrival is five thirty which is actually before early dining that you could be waitlisted on.

Edited by BasicSailor
Tater chip selection

Guest BasicSailor
1 hour ago, Mistyhon said:

I did book the ytd, but we have children and prefer early. We aren’t new to this and like things the way we like them. Ytd just isn’t it for us.

any idea how to get on the waitlist for early??

Understanding how you're not new to this then you must surely know how to contact Carnival with this question? As the experienced cruiser you should also know if Eary dining is not listed as an option in most cases it's doesn't become an option, depending on the ships capacity.

You also should know how to contact the Matra D when boarding if there it becomes an option it will be under the Matra D's discretion.

Edited by BasicSailor
Tater chip selection

Guest BasicSailor
6 minutes ago, Mistyhon said:

I do know all that, I was just wondering if there was any real official way to do it as the maitre'd isn't required to respond.

If you're standing in front of him on the ship he has to respond ,  YEA ! or NAA !

On the Mardi Gras, you are better off with YTD than seated if you want to eat at any dinner venue like Cucina, or Teriyaki, or Chibang.  You can't reserve early there if you have early seated dining.

We've found in the past that YTD works just as well for early dining as early seating .  And you can select tables and get same wait staff each night if you so desire.