COVID testing near SanPedro hotel?

JoRoy218

We’re scheduled for the Majestic on 3/26. Flying into LAX day before to stay at Crowne Plaza, San Pedro. Curious if anyone is aware of a nearby CVS/Walgreens etc for COVID testing pre-cruise. Or should we just get it near home before we leave. Thanks all! 

LAX has testing in several terminals, just google 'LAX covid testing'. The rapid antigen test is $80, if I remember right. The better approach now is to get home proctored tests through emed or optum, which come out to $35 or so per test. I know it's scary for some people to work with video conferencing and apps and such, but there are various YouTube videos by cruisers that walk you through the process. With Omicron about to hit and testing centers already overwhelmed, you want to have that backup option, as well as a backup to your backup. I had a Walgreen's test scheduled for today that was just cancelled, with no antigen options on a Saturday without 100 miles of me, but I have 3 home tests I ordered through optum as a backup. 

• Like 1

I would agree that the proctored test would be easiest. Otherwise, look at Sameday Health as that was our backup plan. They have locations throughout the area and will even come to you. Last I checked, it was $25 with insurance in office and $75 with insurance for house calls for rapid antigen tests. 

• Like 1