Virtuosa says all sold out

thepla

I sure hope there is a glitch. We're scheduled March 19 out of Dubai. Can't call it up from login. Can find it but when go to Bob says sold out.

Just made final payment Friday. We were in opera that got cancelled, booked this one. 

Anyone else on this ship? All say sold out, no matter what date 

None of the Virtuosa cruises is sold out. Just some are now only bookable as Fly & Cruise. Yours on March 19 even have YC cabins available. 

At the time MSC is changing your schedule you cant call up your booking. Was last week with the January cruises, now they maybe update the march cruises and give up Dammam completely for the whole season. 

Boarding in Abi Dhabi also has been kicked out for the whole sesaon, all most board either Dubai or Doha. 

Edited by perakcruiser

7 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

None of the Virtuosa cruises is sold out. Just some are now only bookable as Fly & Cruise. Yours on March 19 even have YC cabins available. 

At the time MSC is changing your schedule you cant call up your booking. Was last week with the January cruises, now they maybe update the march cruises and give up Dammam completely for the whole season. 

Boarding in Abi Dhabi also has been kicked out for the whole sesaon, all most board either Dubai or Doha. 

Thanks, it did come back. I do have another question. Currently I'm booked three people. Adult daughter, 13 year old son and me 

My daughter is getting nervous. If my son and I show up without her do they still charge gratuity for her? I've read in other cruise lines here they keep her cruise fare but refund her taxes, is that true with msc?

Just now, thepla said:

Thanks, it did come back. I do have another question. Currently I'm booked three people. Adult daughter, 13 year old son and me 

My daughter is getting nervous. If my son and I show up without her do they still charge gratuity for her? I've read in other cruise lines here they keep her cruise fare but refund her taxes, is that true with msc? Btw we are booked in cruise with wifi and drinks. Since we were with a minor one of cruise fares I think would have been zero but is quite low, like only 150.

7 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

You were 100 percent correct. Dammam is not there, we seem to leave Dubai at 10 pm on 19th and again at 6pm on 20th. I doubt they cruise and come back. At tail end same thing for two days. We will be leaving ship early in am on 26th to catch a flight.

I guess missing Saudi Arabia and do much time in Dubai is a tad of a letdown but still looking forward to a great time with kids. Excited for having an aft balcony.

thanks.

49 minutes ago, thepla said:

My daughter is getting nervous. If my son and I show up without her do they still charge gratuity for her? I've read in other cruise lines here they keep her cruise fare but refund her taxes, is that true with msc?

MSC will follow the laws of your country. Sorry, I cannot help here. The gratuity system is so totally different for all markets, as is the cruise price / tax thing. Try to convince your daughter because ...

30 minutes ago, thepla said:

I guess missing Saudi Arabia and do much time in Dubai is a tad of a letdown but still looking forward to a great time with kids. 

... the EXPO in Dubai is the experience of a lifetime. Who knows if she will have a second opportunity in her life and together with her mom and brother? The next EXPO is 2025 in Osaka, if will be for sure not so spectacular than this one and oh so much more expensive. 

When you and your son come back and show her the photos she will regret not going forever. Yes, missing Saudi Arabia is sad, because that was also a chance that comes not too often, but for us the price is just too good to cancel and book a hotel in Dubai for a week instead.