Carnival Boarding Documents

sunnydelyght

Hello

I am sure I have seen this on this forum but I can not seem to find it after 2 hours of scrolling.  For Canadians sailing Carnival what documents or cards did you need for boarding for covid 19 besides your negative test?  I have read the details numerous times and just want to be 100% sure I have correct ones.  Thanks in advance.

Here are the updated Vaccination & Testing Standards. What constitutes your "original vaccination record" will vary from province to province. 

Fully Vaccinated Guests (UPDATED DECEMBER 17, 2021)

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the sailing day (not counting embarkation day) and have proof of vaccination.

The CDC requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests, ages 2 and older, to be taken within two days prior to the sailing date. If the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken on Thursday and Friday, and as late as Saturday, if you are guaranteed to receive your results in time for check-in. Guests should review their pre-cruise test results, i.e., a laboratory test record, digital certificate or healthcare record, and ensure it indicates their full legal name, date of birth, type of test, date and time sample was taken, test result stating “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED” and laboratory, testing site, and/or healthcare provider details. Please refer to our Return to Service FAQs for complete information on testing requirements and resources.

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:
  • Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority that administered the vaccination (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). Copies or photos are not accepted.
  • A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable.
  • The name and birth date on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show the guest is fully vaccinated. The vaccination dates must indicate the guest has completed the required doses no later than 14 days prior to the sailing date. This means that on embarkation day, a minimum of 15 days must have passed since the final dose was received. Vaccine type, dates administered, and lot numbers must be clearly visible.
We recommend guests have the contact information (email and phone) immediately available of the healthcare provider or clinic site that issued the certificate, in order to validate the vaccination if needed. A vaccination registry site may also be used.

Guests are strongly encouraged to review their vaccination records and ensure they meet our standards, as well as have proof of their negative COVID-19 test result, prior to traveling to the cruise terminal to prevent a situation where they may not be able to cruise or be eligible for a refund.

The CDC has strongly recommended that all persons over 16 years obtain a COVID-19 booster vaccination when eligible. We strongly encourage all guests who are eligible to get their booster vaccine at least seven days before boarding. To review the updated CDC recommendations, please visit the CDC’s website Indicates external site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Opens in a new window..

On 12/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, sunnydelyght said:

Hello

I am sure I have seen this on this forum but I can not seem to find it after 2 hours of scrolling.  For Canadians sailing Carnival what documents or cards did you need for boarding for covid 19 besides your negative test?  I have read the details numerous times and just want to be 100% sure I have correct ones.  Thanks in advance.

I'm cruising on December 26th and have the following:

1 - print out of my 3 vaccine receipts plus the QR code with a list of all 3 of my vaccines (I'm in Ontario).

2 - print out of my negative antigen test

3 - passport/nexus card

4 - boarding pass, luggage tags on luggage if necessary.

• Thanks 1