Still trying to go on our first RCCL cruise, and after a 4 hour phone call our suite is fully paid for with FCCs

adidas5676

OMG, what a saga.  We last sailed on Carnival in early 2017 before we had kids and booked RCCL Harmony for our 3 year wedding anniversary 5/2020-well clearly that didn't sail.  And it's been rescheduled, switched, lifted &shifted, additional attempts and finally now we will be sailing this coming April on Allure.  Before the pandemic we had scheduled 3 different RCCL cruises, and after the beginning of the pandemic when everything was month-to-month we scheduled several more just taking shots in the dark about when sailing would resume.  March of 2021 we finally decided our 3 year anniversary 2020 cruise would become our 5 year  anniversary 2022 cruise and scheduled it for April 2022 on Allure in a CLS. 

Before my call to RCCL yesterday our $5000 fare bill for the 2 of us said we still owed $2500.  After a 2 hour call that dropped right when the RCCL rep was finishing researching all our cancelled bookings to find missing FCCs, and an additional 2 hour call in which a different RCCL rep had me prove through 1.5 year old emails that we were owed an FCC still our cruise bill is not only paid in full but we still have $300 in credit left over.

I'm relieved that I knew our cruise should have been covered through FCCs but it was a bit annoying that RCCL made me prove it as we are still desperately trying to cruise with them for our first time.  I'm also relieved that paying our cruise in full is one less thing we have to worry about, and that our first RCCL cruise will end up being extra special just because of all the set-backs and hoops we had to jump through to get there and that it's a suite.  Now after having done all the paperwork and logged all our payments I'm a little 😬 about having put in $5000 and still haven't gotten anything for it.  And man do I sure hope that once we finally go that things will go smoother for us in our experiences with RCCL🤪🤞

Unfortunately perseverance is what it takes on your part for Royal to fix their mistakes. Good thing everything worked out and it sounds like it will be a fun cruise.Taking the kids along? If so they’ll have fun since there is so much to do.

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Unfortunately perseverance is what it takes on your part for Royal to fix their mistakes. Good thing everything worked out and it sounds like it will be a fun cruise.Taking the kids along? If so they’ll have fun since there is so much to do.

No way on the kids, this is our 2 years-delayed anniversary cruise and raising 3 toddlers (twin 3 year olds and a 4 year old) with zero romantic vacations since they were born has put us close to losing our sea-loving minds😂

Plus since they are too young for vaccines I hear the experience is awful right now.   We will wait on taking them until either the kids can get vaccines or the restrictions on board and on shore aren't as...restrictive lol