Remember When!!

bobpell

😀 Just booking an interesting  cruise brought on a smile

Packing took a week and you still forgot your favorite sun screen

The only test you took while cruising was blowing on your coffee in case it was too hot!!

Approaching your ship and smiling the whole time while boarding

No masks, no sanitizers and the laughing crowd when the ship left the dock

come on think back and offer your smiling memory!!

Bob

• Like 6

On our cruise of Australia and New Zealand I met a delightful couple celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary.  She was telling me her grandson was worried the ship would take them somewhere far and never return - I offered and took a couple of pictures of them and and sent an email to their family.  After receiving a wonderful reply, I was thrilled to bump into the couple again and show them the happy reply - and smiles from their loved ones at home.

When the pandemic lockdown happened, I received an email from the older couple (via their family) as they reminisced about the cruise.  Touched my heart with love.

That is a memory that still brings me smiles!

Deb

• Like 3

We met a very elderly couple on their honeymoon on a South Pacific Cruise.  They'd married after their individual spouses of 60 years of happy marriages each died.  Imagine bringing over a combined century of experience to a new marriage.

Edited by Been There, Planning That
Clarity
  • Like 1

First cruise…..alaska on HAL from Vancouver, 1993 , 25 th anniversary.  Everything was better than my wildest hopes and dreams ….ship was bigger than I  thought it could possibly be, ( seems laughable now!)people happier, service so extravagant ( remember when the tablecloth got swept with a small silver brush and  pan to remove bread crumbs between courses?!) Both of us loved the whole trip and have spent many wonderful days cruising in many parts of the world since. Just waiting a bit to resume our journeys. 

• Like 1