Questions for people who have taken the Optum precruise Covid test

chamima

I'm just watching videos of people who have taken the precruise Binax proctored Covid test and 2 questions came to mind.

I ordered from Optum but all of these people seem to have Emed tests. Is Emed the site that ALL tests will get referred to after logging into Navica or are the Optum tests different?

Also, one of the first things you have to do is show a picture ID.

We are sailing with our fully vaxxed  6 and 8 year old granddaughters. They have no picture ID. Will our daughter's ID count for them?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

You don't need picture ID for them. They take the tests under your account (you show your ID). We've done this three times.  Optim is the store.  Abbott Binax is the brand of test they send to you. 

I know it's Abbott Binax and I check into my Navica account but all of the videos show that Navica directs you to EMed .

Will the Optum tests also get directed to EMed ?

3 minutes ago, chamima said:

I know it's Abbott Binax and I check into my Navica account but all of the videos show that Navica directs you to EMed .

Will the Optum tests also get directed to EMed ?

Yes, there are no Optum tests, it is a store name.  The Abbott Binax mailed to you are supervised and observed by eMed. Takes about 5 minutes to test then 15 to observe with immediate results after. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1