Purchasing Specialty Dining on Board

4 hours ago, cruizzing said:

@annabethlogan- On the same sailing and the UDP is back now for $78.

I just checked and it was there!! Thank you so much for letting me know! I went from $120 pp to $78 pp by canceling the individual reservations. Crazy, I've checked every day for weeks and now at 2 weeks before cruise it's back online.. Hope that is not a sign of people canceling. Fingers crossed we go and are able to make at least one port of call! 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 8:02 AM, annabethlogan said:

I am considering waiting until we are on board to purchase specialty dining at Izumi and Giovanni’s. Right now Izumi is $45.99 and Giovanni’s is $39.99 in the cruise planner. Will I save any money by waiting until we are on the ship for either of these? The packages are sold out on the cruise planner.

We are going on a 3 Night on Freedom of the Seas- January 14-17, 2022

Given that the dining packages are sold out, the odds of getting a discount or any special incentive to dine at a specialty dining restaurant onboard are slim to none and the $39.99 for Giovanni’s is probably the best deal you are going to find for dinner. As for Izumi… the $45.99 is most likely for a set menu where you get a set number of courses like a couple small plates, a sushi roll, and dessert for one price… if the ship offer “a la carte” menu, most of them do, you can save money by ordering what you want… but you’re only saving in the sense you are eating less food thus spending less money there… but not saving money in term of value for how much you’re getting vs how much you’re actually paying.

With the UDP I read that lunches were included in the package - we’re booked on the Jewel OTS - can anyone advise if the tapas lunches in Vintages (or an allowance given)  are included in the UDP, and whether Izumi, Giovanni’s and Chops are all open on sea days at lunchtime? Thank you!

Edited by Lobbylin

3 hours ago, Kcason20 said:

Is there a way to find out where you are reserved for the first night?

In my experience, as soon as you get on the ship, you go find the dining reservations team (really close to where you enter ship) and you let them know what reservations you want for the week and what times. This was pre-Covid the last time I did it but I basically handed them a paper with the restaurants and times I wanted for the week and had no problem getting them. 

1 hour ago, Lobbylin said:

With the UDP I read that lunches were included in the package - we’re booked on the Jewel OTS - can anyone advise if the tapas lunches in Vintages (or an allowance given)  are included in the UDP, and whether Izumi, Giovanni’s and Chops are all open on sea days at lunchtime? Thank you!

From what I have been able to gather, Vintages Tapas is not included in the UDP. During sea days, From what I have seen on the App, Jewel OTS will have both Giovanni's and Chops open for lunch.

Edited by binro01
  • Thanks 1