Odyssey - Junior Suite with large balcony - J1 Aft room _ _ 322 or _ _722

gracia98

Has anyone every stayed in a J1 AFT Junior Suite, corner cabin?

From my research, it only has one full bathroom and not a lot of closet space and may be smaller than other junior suites.  There will be 4 of us as we are traveling with our college aged kids. We think the aft location will be different and nice and the larger balcony will be nice too.

Any concerns? It’s the only Junior suite left when we booked.  Perhaps others will open up again before we sail in March.

Not a ton of info on the corner aft cabins out there.

3 hours ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

maybe this is what you are looking for?

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnkoli_lGo

No, the J1 that is a AFT corner.  From the pictures, it only has one bathroom and no closets, besides the 2 left and right of the bed.  Seems kind of strange to me that they would offer a junior suite for 4 people without an actual closet.  The reviews I found on Facebook pretty much say there is no storage.  It’s just a 6 night cruise and the kids will probably just live out of their suitcases but I was just wondering what other people thought.  It’s the only JS left to book, at least right now, so it is what it is. But I might keep my eyes open for another one if that’s how it works. I’ve never done that before, normally we book and we are done. But this is a bit different. And I would love to have 2 toilets for the 4 of us!

5 hours ago, Mabel the Great..Dane said:

that does sound like a weird suite--I'm hoping to upgrade to a J4 for 2 toilets, and it's just me and my husband!!

The balcony is amazing and the aft cabins are super cool, but I think we need 2 bathrooms.  Even if we get one that has just 2 bathrooms and only 1 toilet, having another room to change clothes in will be nice, especially for my teen daughter!

Would someone explain the differences between the Junior Suites on Odyssey?  Which type has the two toilets, separate toilets/showers, locations?  We are Carnival cruisers and looking to switch.  We have only cruised on Oasis class in Junior Suites and a Grand Suite.  Still trying to learn plus and minuses of the different ship classes. We've been on 25 Carnival cruises and I feel like we are newbies again, lol.    

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Would someone explain the differences between the Junior Suites on Odyssey?  Which type has the two toilets, separate toilets/showers, locations?  We are Carnival cruisers and looking to switch.  We have only cruised on Oasis class in Junior Suites and a Grand Suite.  Still trying to learn plus and minuses of the different ship classes. We've been on 25 Carnival cruises and I feel like we are newbies again, lol.    

We were in JS 9606 and had two bathrooms; one with a combo tub/shower, sink and toilet. The 2nd bathroom also had a toilet and sink. I believe it was a JS3. Was told the JS4 has a separate tub & shower and a sink (but no toilet) in 1 bathroom and a toilet and sink in the 2nd bathroom.

Our JS 9606 was very spacious,  accommodated 4 guests, plenty of drawers and cabins for storage and hanging clothes.

Hope this helps some!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI.  Got this from cruisedeckplans.  We should be in one of those on 3/12, but are hinging on omicron.

https://cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/slideshow-cabin.php?ship=Odyssey of the Seas&cabin=10322

Looks to be about twice the size inside and about 3x balcony, but only one bathroom.  I am excited for it.  Good luck