January Cruisers - you can rebook without penalty!

jondfk

On 1/3/2022 at 10:17 AM, jondfk said:

Cancelled this morning (for Grand sailing tomorrow).  Took a loooong time using chat.  Tried in vain to rebook, no cabins in same category available any sailing this year was probably the issue.  Ultimately took a refund in the form of original payment which was about 50:50 FCC & cash.  

To my surprise the FCC is already available (and applied to a new booking).  We'll see how long the cash takes.  I'll give it 45 days before I dispute via the credit card.  I had to go the dispute route last year after waiting 5 months, will not give them a loan of that duration again.

Just to close out our experience, as I wrote above, the original FCC used for part of our payment was returned and available for use within hours, we used it to book a new cruise to Alaska in August.  

The cash remainder was credited to my credit card today, 15 days later.  To be honest, that's the way is should work, but we previously waited 5 months for refunds.  It's good work on the part of Princess which is worth some praise.  Smart too since we already converted the newly found cash into a deposit on yet another new booking for 2022. . .

• Thanks 1