Question about CWC and previously issued FCC

lavapalava

Hi all, we have an FCC that was issued following a cancelled sailing from March 2020. We have been planning to apply this to a Caribbean cruise in April 2022 (the same one we tried for in March 2020 and again in April 2021!), but are getting increasingly doubtful that we will go on this, given the ongoing uncertainties around Covid. So if we go ahead and apply our current FCC to this cruise and then cancel under CWC, are we then able to apply the new FCC to cruises departing through to April 2023? Our current time period is that we can book cruises departing up to 31 Dec 2022, and my TA said that he thought that date would still apply for a subsequent FCC.  Although the CWC terms seem to suggest we would have the longer period, the wording of 'original cruise date' is throwing me a bit as this could refer to the March 2020 cruise rather than the April 2022 cruise... 

I have also contacted Celebrity directly, but no reply as yet - hoping someone here might already have an answer.

Fingers crossed things get a bit better and we can go to the Caribbean in April and we won't have to worry about it!

thanks

Cathy

We were in the same situation, with a cancelled cruise from April 2020 generating an FCC, then a March 2021 Lift & Shifted to March 2022. The FCC was applied to the 2022 cruise, but when we cancelled last week, we were told by Celebrity via my TA that it would be re-issued with a "use by" date of May 31, 2022 for a cruise sailing no later than one year after this last cancelled cruise.

10 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

We were in the same situation, with a cancelled cruise from April 2020 generating an FCC, then a March 2021 Lift & Shifted to March 2022. The FCC was applied to the 2022 cruise, but when we cancelled last week, we were told by Celebrity via my TA that it would be re-issued with a "use by" date of May 31, 2022 for a cruise sailing no later than one year after this last cancelled cruise.

Oh that's reassuring and gives a bit more peace of mind about applying the FCC - thanks for the reply!

• Like 1