Sunset Veranda-Silhouette?

dateacher

I would like opinions from people who actually stayed in a Sunset Veranda on the Silhouette.  We have the opportunity for one but have been told that they do not have adequate covering and it can get really hot on a Caribbean cruise.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Cruised a B2B in November 2021 on the Silhouette, one week in a veranda on deck 7, and another on a SV on deck 9.  Virtually no shade from the hot sun in the SV, and when it rains it has virtually no protection.  For us, it is very unlikely I will do a SV again.  It does have a spectacular view when you can enjoy it. 

3 hours ago, Colorado Ken said:

Cruised a B2B in November 2021 on the Silhouette, one week in a veranda on deck 7, and another on a SV on deck 9.  Virtually no shade from the hot sun in the SV, and when it rains it has virtually no protection.  For us, it is very unlikely I will do a SV again.  It does have a spectacular view when you can enjoy it. 

Thank you. It's a shame that it is so hot.  I guess for somewhere other than the Caribbean it would be better.

We have been on SV on all of the Solstice class. While it is true that they are largely uncovered and can get very hot when in direct sun, at times they are in the shade of the ship, depending on which way the ship is facing/traveling. 

It is also less breezy back there. That can be a + or a -, depending on your point of view.

We are aft junkies. "Once you go aft, you always go back." 😎

• Like 2