Is Haven Restaurant enough?

cltcruisers123

on my 1st haven trip i had filet and eggs every day for bfast. by day 5 or 6 i more did it because i 'could'. i enjoyed it but was a bit monotonous. but it was def better then buffet for bfast! dinner wise i think the most i ever ate in haven was 3x in a week. theres just too much other food on the ship to eat there every day. bliss had a decent buffet then the BBQ joint. and teppanyaki is the best filet on board. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

Allow me to kick in here.  Some context.  Some folks like my wife need variety.  Others like myself really don't.  Both types of folks need to be able to enjoy meals together gaining what each other wants.  My wife and I both love the Haven Experience.  Yet to truly answer this question, we have to compare with other experiences.

The Celebrity Retreat:  Just like the Haven, the Celebrity Retreat are has it own Suites Only restaurant.  the difference is the menu changes nightly other then a few staples. The food quality and service were very similar as one might expect.  

Crystal Cruises: This is a Luxury Based Cruise line and we were in a Penthouse which compares to a Haven Suite.  This allowed us to utilize any restaurant including specialty dining as much as we wanted plus the main dining room.  Again, just like the examples of the Haven and Retreat; the food quality and service were great.

From my standpoint, having so many choices was of no real value to me on a 7 day cruise.  I would find something I really liked, and have it more then once.  Remember, variety is not my main emphasis, it is my wife. In the Haven it was the Prime Rib; Retreat it was the Salmon; and Crystal it was the veal parm.  In each case, I hat them 3-times.  My wife on the other hand tried different things yet still had some entree's more then once.  

The conclusion I draw from these experiences as during a 7-day cruise, the Haven Restaurant with two specialty meals was perfect for both my wife and myself.  However, if we did a back to back or a 10-21 day sailing, we would need more variety. 

I don't expect anyone to agree or disagree with me because this is such a personal choice.  I just wanted to answer the question with some real thought based on my previous experiences.  I hope it was helpful. 

Cruise well everyone. 

I really have learned a lot from all your postings. Happy wife, happy life 😀. Thank you for replying to mine! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:40 AM, cltcruisers123 said:

My other thought on this would be snacking at the Haven on the steak and lobster then rolling on to the speciality restaurant at latest time for second dinner 🤔.

You're my new best friend. Call me every five minutes. 

• Haha 1