Best local tour for Pearl Harbor/USS Missouri?

Cap'nWoody

A couple of years ago, pre pre pandemic, I was researching a cruise to Hawaii and remember a local tour company that was the top recommendation for a tour of the Pearl Harbor Memorial and USS Missouri.  However, I have now lost all that info.  Anyone have any recommendations?  I remember this tour operator took care of everything, tickets to the Memorial, pick up at the ship, and was able to dispense with some of the lines and waiting at Pearl Harbor.

2 hours ago, Cap'nWoody said:

Anyone have any recommendations?  I remember this tour operator took care of everything, tickets to the Memorial, pick up at the ship, and was able to dispense with some of the lines and waiting at Pearl Harbor.

Honestly, visiting Pearl Harbor is very easy to do yourself with a tiny bit of planning-- no tour company required. Normally you would need to make reservations to visit the USS Arizona Memorial, but right now boats to the memorial are suspended until further notice and will most likely not be back for a while. 

You could of course pay a premium for a tour company, but the biggest thing they could do for you-- get you a spot on a boat to the Arizona when one might not otherwise be available to the public-- isn't even something thats happening right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Normally you would need to make reservations to visit the USS Arizona Memorial, but right now boats to the memorial are suspended until further notice and will most likely not be back for a while.

The USS Arizona shuttle boats resumed operation this morning. The dock issue has been fixed, at least well enough to resume operations.

I think the OP is referring to the Home of the Brave Tours, which unfortunately closed permanently in 2020. They were the only tour allowed to unload in Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific.

But I would never do a tour, we just get our own reservations for the USS Arizona Memorial boat and move at our own pace through PH.

You get the tickets at https://www.recreation.gov/ticket/233338/ticket/16

The ticket itself is free, there is a handling charge of $1 per ticket.

1 hour ago, SWACK said:

How hard/easy is it to get taxi/uber/bus to/from the Memorial? I'd like to get off the ship first thing, get there and back by noon-ish for ship luau tour

Very easy. There is a taxi line at the cruise terminal and plenty of cabs waiting for return fares and the Bus is easy too.

13 hours ago, SWACK said:

How hard/easy is it to get taxi/uber/bus to/from the Memorial? I'd like to get off the ship first thing, get there and back by noon-ish for ship luau tour 

Ubers are very easy in Honolulu and would be my preferred way of getting around to save time. Super easy from the pier. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 9:13 PM, SWACK said:

Other thing I forgot to mention which I really happy to see last time we were there a couple months ago-- there now is an "Uber Military" selection on the Uber app. It was started as a way to provide Uber options to active duty military with fellow active duty drivers who have base access, but its also a great way to support the local service men and women. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a suggestion for touring Pearl Harbor post cruise and prior to a 10PM flight on debarkation day? We obviously have luggage and since our flight is late I don’t think we will be able to drop it off at the airport on our way to PH. I’m considering a tour that picks us up at the

Pier, takes us to Pearl Harbor and stores our luggage and then takes us to the airport. 

Looks like most tours just get you there and then you have to spend time getting Tickets, etc.  I am open to suggestions as this is our first time. Thank you!