Unvaccinated children

MRSRN

Ya'll, I promise I've searched everywhere. I can't find answers about unvaccinated children. Please help.

-I know the unvaccinated must take a cruise sponsored excursion. On Carnival, they have specific tours set aside called "Bubble Tours"... on RCCL, how do I know WHICH tours are open to my unvaccinated 3 year old... all of them? 

Thank you soooo much!

10 minutes ago, MRSRN said:

Ya'll, I promise I've searched everywhere. I can't find answers about unvaccinated children. Please help.

-I know the unvaccinated must take a cruise sponsored excursion. On Carnival, they have specific tours set aside called "Bubble Tours"... on RCCL, how do I know WHICH tours are open to my unvaccinated 3 year old... all of them? 

Thank you soooo much!

Yes, all of them. Royal doesn't designate bubble tours like Carnival.

• Like 1

I struggle with this, and I'm admitting it's an emotional thing with me.  But, here goes:

In the last 7 days:

I've had my nephew, his wife, and his under-5 daughter get sick with  COVID.

I have a friend where her niece, her niece's husband, and BOTH their children ages 3 years and the 6 month old baby get COVID.  There is no one to take care of them in Ohio.

My son's co-worker lost her grand-daughter on Thursday to COVID.  She was in chemo for breast cancer and died within 72 hours of testing positive. 

Do you HAVE to take your daughter off the ship on a tour?  Can she stay in Adventure Ocean where the protocols are safer than a tour?  Just think about it; it's all I'm asking.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, pcur said:

I struggle with this, and I'm admitting it's an emotional thing with me.  But, here goes:

In the last 7 days:

I have a friend where her niece, her niece's husband, and BOTH their children ages 3 years and the 6 month old baby get COVID.  There is no one to take care of them in Ohio.

My son's co-worker lost her grand-daughter on Thursday to COVID.  She was in chemo for breast cancer and died within 72 hours of testing positive. 

Do you HAVE to take your daughter off the ship on a tour?  Can she stay in Adventure Ocean where the protocols are safer than a tour?  Just think about it; it's all I'm asking.

Wow. I am so sorry. Truly, that is heartbreaking. 

11 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Yes, all of them. Royal doesn't designate bubble tours like Carnival.

I am shocked by this! I wonder why Carnival is so different?! Do you know, do they keep you separated or something, my pea brain can’t comprehend how the two lines could have such vastly different policies? 

15 hours ago, pcur said:

In the last 7 days:

Hope things get better for you and those you are referring to.  I would add that even AO is not "safe" as you mention. Our 3 year old cought covid in AO on our 12/26 sailing. She was there for 2 hrs with one other child and 2 staff members. Even the six foot circle they had to  individually play in didn't help her. We believe it was from an asymptomatic AO staffer she worked on her craft projects with. It's literally everywhere. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Td6462 said:

Hope things get better for you and those you are referring to.  I would add that even AO is not "safe" as you mention. Our 3 year old cought covid in AO on our 12/26 sailing. She was there for 2 hrs with one other child and 2 staff members. Even the six foot circle they had to  individually play in didn't help her. We believe it was from an asymptomatic AO staffer she worked on her craft projects with. It's literally everywhere. 

Sorry to hear this.  The only upside to this is AO has controlled protocols, repeat testings, and contact tracing for the crew and passengers (somewhat).

Thanks for asking, too.  My family has recovered after a week.  My friend's family is in the middle of it, but nobody's in the hospital.  My son said the grandma came to work today for the distraction after her granddaughter's death, so he circulated a card after lunch for everyone to sign.  I mean the grandma is the one that does that for EVERYONE else, so he figured someone needed to show some concern to her.