Experience with Switch Health Pearson Drive Thru Test

tert333

We just returned from a cruise and wanted to give a heads up with anyone doing the drive thru test with Switchhealth. 

We had paid for an antigen test and booked the appointment.  We arrived a bit early and there was a lineup of cars.  By the time we got the test, it was shortly after the appointment time, which was no problem.  The strange thing that happened was that we were asked if we wanted the shallow nose swab or the deep nose swab.  They said that some countries required the deep nose, but would not give any reason what countries required it.  We asked whether that was a pcr test and they said it was an antigen test as well.

We opted for the shallow nose swab and it was accepted to enter in the US and also on the Cruise.  Just thought I would let everyone know in case they run into this.

• Thanks 2

Thanking you for bringing that up.

When I got my PCR test at the Ottawa airport it was a shallow nose swab and said so specificially on the lab result.

I had the same thing happen when I got tested at the Orlando airport but it just said PCR test.

The at home antigen test kits that I have give directions for both shallow and deep nose testing.

• Thanks 1