NCL Airfare Deal?

cleobella

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether the BOGO airfare deal is worthwhile. It seems like a great deal but I suspect you probably can't choose your seats, and overseas flights must be connecting, not direct, flights with that kind of deal? Also I heard this is for economy seating only, you can't upgrade? Anyone know anything about the air deal?

SOOOOO many threads on this topic, including one in the last couple days.

At least on US domestic airlines (Delta and American) you can choose seats and pay for cabin upgrades once the seats are ticketed.

What is allowed varies by carrier, some have said that overseas carriers are not allowing seat selection.  The number of connections allowed with the deal (or their target) is right in the terms of the offer - 

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

• Like 1

It's completely hit or miss. We opted for it as we were able to fly from San Diego to New York for $100 per person each way ($600 total for the three of us). There's no way I could find a deal like that on my own. Unfortunately, we ended up on a redeye, whereas our friends who booked the week after us were put on a direct daytime flight. Returning, we had a 5 p.m. flight, so we had 7 hours to kill at the airport. However, it was a nonstop flight during winter, whereas our friends ended up with a connection in Chicago. For the price, I can't complain and we essentially ended up with an additional day in New York.

It's not bad enough to keep me from doing it again, so we booked the same promotion for 2023 for a cruise that starts in Iceland and ends in Norway. We're saving over $1000 on airfare by letting NCL book our flights, so we'll take a chance.