Celebrity informal vs. casual nights

TARED

Can someone tell me the difference between informal and casual? The website says informal to be a dress or pants and blouse. Casual night is pantsuits or a sporty outfit. Maybe I am in the dark about fashion, but aren't they basically the same? Would I be out of place wearing "office wear" either night? (not casual Friday wear):D

Another question...I have some dresses that I would consider wearing on formal night on Carnival ie. flow-ey tea length number. Would that work as an informal outfit on Celebrity? Thanks for all your help!

Tared, the dress code question. I will try to help as I sail

Celebrity on a regular basis:)

Your flowy t-length sounds very nice. Now, I am just one of these

weird people who likes to dress up on my cruises;) The way

the dress code is worded in their brochures is a bit strange

in my opinion.

Yes it almost sounds like casual and informal evenings are the same

and there are probably women who wear the same too.

To be honest, I go towards the dressier side.....even on casual

night. If you want an idea of some of my outfits click on my

webshots below.

Anyway, back to your question. The t-length dress will be fine on

informal night. I will be honest and tell you there are folks who

would wear it on formal night too.

But I would not...and I would probably dress it up for a casual

evening...but like I said that is just me.

Casual nights I usually have a skirt and top or nice slacks

and top. When you said "business casual"....My office is really

casual and on a cruise (in the evenings) I love looking pretty:)

I hope I didn't confuse you more. I don't have chances at home

to get dressed up so I love doing it on my cruises:)

Perfect! That is exactly the answer I was hoping for! This will be my 5th cruise, 5 different lines. I have been searching for the cruise that I can wear the formal on a formal night, the little black dress on informal night and the flowy dress on casual night. I have absolutely no problem with formal night, I know exactly what to wear now! I think this might be the line for me...finally!!!!

Thanks for your help!

I am on the Galaxy March 20. 12 night Panama Canal. Have you done this itinerary? Looks like you have had your share of Celebrity experiences!

ps-still going through your pictures! might have to continue that at work tomorrow...make it appear as though I am very busy with "computer work.":D

Tared, hi:) no, I haven't.......not yet;)

I have heard it is excellent though.

I have not sailed Galaxy either, but have been on the other

C class ships, Century and Mercury (sort of Galaxy's sister ships)

and I know you will have a wonderful time:)

Would a matching calf length skirt/blouse set that is embroidered with beads and sequins be OK for the informal nights? I'll check out the pictures, but any comments would also be appreciated by this first time cruiser.

Would a matching calf length skirt/blouse set that is embroidered with beads and sequins be OK for the informal nights? I'll check out the pictures, but any comments would also be appreciated by this first time cruiser.

Yes, that would be perfect for an informal dinner on X.

:mad: I am so depressed....

Went shopping today with the unlimited budget (mom...which hasn't happened in about 15 years!) and I could not find anything for formal night. I know what I want, and I know what I need. didn't find it...

I am in my 30's. Everything I found was for teens or mother of the brides. Guess I will keep looking. I did get two very cool tops (sequined and an oriental style satin) with a pair of cocktail pants. (12 night cruise - 3formal nights)

I had this perfect dress in my head, but it just didn't go with the shape I am in... guess i am more a size 18 instead of 12... eeeerrrrggghhh! Is this really okay for formal nights on Celebrity??? Not what I wanted, but I refuse to pay $300 for a dress! Also, my dad is traveling with me, and I don't want him to feel like he needs a tuxedo. He is fine with his dark suit and ties, but I am a WO-MAN! I need to be pretty! HELP! Any suggestions from the "healthier hipped" women are appreciated. I never was self conscience about this belly til today. Prom dresses just are not me anymore. Age 30-something is not fun. Too young for mother of the bride- too old for prom type dresses. HELP!!!!! SOS- need dress!

:mad: I am so depressed....

Went shopping today with the unlimited budget (mom...which hasn't happened in about 15 years!) and I could not find anything for formal night. I know what I want, and I know what I need. didn't find it...

I am in my 30's. Everything I found was for teens or mother of the brides. Guess I will keep looking. I did get two very cool tops (sequined and an oriental style satin) with a pair of cocktail pants. (12 night cruise - 3formal nights)

I had this perfect dress in my head, but it just didn't go with the shape I am in... guess i am more a size 18 instead of 12... eeeerrrrggghhh! Is this really okay for formal nights on Celebrity??? Not what I wanted, but I refuse to pay $300 for a dress! Also, my dad is traveling with me, and I don't want him to feel like he needs a tuxedo. He is fine with his dark suit and ties, but I am a WO-MAN! I need to be pretty! HELP! Any suggestions from the "healthier hipped" women are appreciated. I never was self conscience about this belly til today. Prom dresses just are not me anymore. Age 30-something is not fun. Too young for mother of the bride- too old for prom type dresses. HELP!!!!! SOS- need dress!

TARED -

You might try someplace like David's Bridal - bridesmaid dresses and even Mother of the bride dresses are not frumpy anymore. David's has nice dresses in the $100+ range. If you look under Social Dresses on their website - you will find items from their bridesmaid and MOB line that are suitable.

Hi, I would suggest "ROSS" and "Kohls". Ross has MANY, MANY dresses

and the prices are unreal:D

Kohls has quite a bit of 2 piece outfits...long skirts with pretty tops.

And their prices are excellent as well.

I wear a 14 and will be 48 next month. I have found very pretty

outfits at both places:)

Actually I was at ROSS today....found 2 outfits.....for a total

of 38.50. One is a beautiful long skirt...black background with

beautiful lavender flowers and that awesome hankerchief hem.

I am saying lavender....a light purple?....the top is v neck, very

pretty cap sleeves, v-neck. And the flowers are not "too much"

I think they look like the leaves of an orchid. Really nice. It

was only 23.00:)

And the 2nd dress is more casual......a blue and purple combo

that had a few gals in the dressing rooms telling me,

"That is YOUR COLOR":D and it was only 13.00!!!

I said purple and blue...I would guess that is sort of

a paisley print. It looks really good on me. I am a purple gal!

Archived