Did everyone see what the common demonimator is? Seems to be

THE CREW:D I sooo agree.

And SEpyle, I was on Zenith earlier this month and 2 of my waiters

from past CENTURY cruises were on this sailing....Diego from Columbia

and Aslan from Turkey.

If I told you Diego was my very first waiter and Aslan was his

Asst at the time~back in 2003. Aslan has since been promoted

to waiter. Anyway......it was wonderful to see both of them

again:) (though I had seen Diego on Century last year again too).

There are so many things I love about sailing Celebrity.

Even with all the complaints we read on here (not this thread;) )

even with them, I love my cruises:) and the product

Celebrity puts out.

There are 2 main reasons we keep coming back to Celebrity time after time: The crew and all the wonderful people we have met and continue to meet on each cruise.

Last March (2005) was only our second cruise on the Summit. As we were walking through the cafe area not too long after boarding, we were greeted by our dining room waiter from the year before, Karmana ( I think that is the correct spelling!). He not only recognized us, but called us by name. I think that says it all... the service staff has always made each cruise very special by going above and way beyond their necessary duties. Our room steward, Felipe, from last fall, was wonderful, as was his assistant, Anceito, and we hope that they will be working in our rooms again on this cruise!

We have made some wonderful friends through Cruise Critic and subsequent (and frequent! :D ) meetings in the fabulous Martini Bar, and we can hardly wait to board the Summit on her way to Hawaii in four weeks.

Larry posts all the time, but this is the first time I have posted; I had to answer this question because each and every trip on Celebrity has been special and wonderful.

Sue Simon

I like knowing before I board what I can expect and not expect (from Celebrity's website and cruise critic). That's why I chose Celebrity over the others even tho' Celebrity's price was a little higher.

I did not want a rowdy atmosphere (including rowdy color schemes), nor loud announcements, nor smoky stacks (M class is black smoke-free). I wanted a library, a spa, the T pool (free on M class), the Aqua Spa cafe, live classical music at dinner and in some lounges, a piano bar, an acapella quartet in Michael's club, educational seminars, of course the food and its presentation, the formal nights, the formal dining room also available for breakfast and lunch so you can meet lots of fellow passengers,a sommelier to advise on wine selection, duty free shops, exercise machines looking out at the sea, an outdoor area to sit to watch the wake, generous sized cabins, bathrobes provided, minibars in all cabins (on M class), generous closet space, beautiful hallways, cheerful, helpful crew. Efficiency and luxury.

I think the only thing that disappointed me was the shore information seminar, a real misnomer. Instead of telling us the history and must see sights, they told of must buy at stores!

I'm trying HAL for the itinerary in less than 2 weeks and will report back any significant differences. I've already ordered a mini fridge to rent on HAL.

Thanks for reminding me why I'm sailing back to Alaska on the Summit this May, as we did last May!

Which Summit sailing? I'll be on the May 7th out of L.A. This will be my FIRST Celebrity cruise, so I can't participate in this thread. Yet. I look forward to enjoying ALL of the things the rest of you love about X!

Archived