Rotterdam balcony room with third bunk on wall.

Lilly-Ann

We are booked in February for a balcony room and our room was changes.  I was told it has a bunk on the wall above the couch. It is just two of us. I was wondering if we would have a huge loss of space. Can anyone advise please? I looked on Halfacts and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Lilly-Ann said:

We are booked in February for a balcony room and our room was changes.  I was told it has a bunk on the wall above the couch. It is just two of us. I was wondering if we would have a huge loss of space. Can anyone advise please? I looked on Halfacts and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

It sounds like they may have given you a "quad" room.  A large number the balcony cabins are triples in which the small sofa next to the bed folds out into a twin bed.  The quad rooms have the sofa bed plus a flush mount pullman bed that pulls down from the ceiling directly above the main bed.  Since you won't have a need to use that pullman bed, it stays flush mounted to the ceiling and you won't lose an ounce of space.  All you will see is a flush mount panel in the ceiling in the outline of a twin bed. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

It sounds like they may have given you a "quad" room.  A large number the balcony cabins are triples in which the small sofa next to the bed folds out into a twin bed.  The quad rooms have the sofa bed plus a flush mount pullman bed that pulls down from the ceiling directly above the main bed.  Since you won't have a need to use that pullman bed, it stays flush mounted to the ceiling and you won't lose an ounce of space.  All you will see is a flush mount panel in the ceiling in the outline of a twin bed. 

I'm sorry...I forgot to give the room number. Rotterdam Cabin # VD7046

29 minutes ago, Lilly-Ann said:

I'm sorry...I forgot to give the room number. Rotterdam Cabin # VD7046

Did someone specifically tell you VD7046 has a 4th bed?  In the following deck plan link, Rotterdam cabin VD7046 shows as being a triple cabin, not a quad.

https://www.*****.com/deck_plans/cruise_ships/rotterdam_cruises

HAL's deck plans use a small circle in a cabin graphic to indicate 2 lowers (2 twins you can ask to be made into a queen) and 1 sofa that converts to a single bed.  A quad has a small square in the cabin graphic, indicating 2 lowers, 1 sofa bed, plus 1 upper (the pull down Pullman twin bed mounted in the ceiling.  Cabins with neither symbol should have a sofa that does not convert to a bed.

Rotterdam cabin 7046 shows a small circle meaning you should have a triple room consisting of the 2 lowers and the sofa.

If you are still concerned about room space, the bed has lots of room underneath to store 2-3 large suitcases plus it has two large drawers under the front edge of the bed.  A lot of people apparently don't know those drawers are there because the drawers are somewhat hidden by the bed comforter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Did someone specifically tell you VD7046 has a 4th bed?  In the following deck plan link, Rotterdam cabin VD7046 shows as being a triple cabin, not a quad.

https://www.*****.com/deck_plans/cruise_ships/rotterdam_cruises

HAL's deck plans use a small circle in a cabin graphic to indicate 2 lowers (2 twins you can ask to be made into a queen) and 1 sofa that converts to a single bed.  A quad has a small square in the cabin graphic, indicating 2 lowers, 1 sofa bed, plus 1 upper (the pull down Pullman twin bed mounted in the ceiling.  Cabins with neither symbol should have a sofa that does not convert to a bed.

Rotterdam cabin 7046 shows a small circle meaning you should have a triple room consisting of the 2 lowers and the sofa.

If you are still concerned about room space, the bed has lots of room underneath to store 2-3 large suitcases plus it has two large drawers under the front edge of the bed.  A lot of people apparently don't know those drawers are there because the drawers are somewhat hidden by the bed comforter.

Yes.....the rep at Holland America. She was so nice when I spoke to her on the phone. She even explained to me how it would be, maybe it had just been a long day for her and she made a mistake. I know they are getting tons of calls right now. Thanks so much for all the good info. I was worried about the bed on the wall.  Worry is gone. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Lilly-Ann said:

Yes.....the rep at Holland America. She was so nice when I spoke to her on the phone. She even explained to me how it would be, maybe it had just been a long day for her and she made a mistake. I know they are getting tons of calls right now. Thanks so much for all the good info. I was worried about the bed on the wall.  Worry is gone. 🙂

I suppose it's possible HAL's deck plans could be off from the actual ship configuration...but more likely the agent may have been mistaken.  Either way, even if you have a quad, you won't even know you have the extra bed other than seeing the outline in the ceiling.  Enjoy your cabin!!

• Like 1