Tested positive - 8 days before

NaiNoNo

My husband and I have both tested positive so had to cancel our cruise.  We were supposed to leave next week for Miami and sail on Symphony on the 29th.   We are so disappointed but on the brightside - we tested positive before we got on the ship.  Also - after a 5 hour hold (!) with Air Canada Vacations,  and we received a 100% refund (air/cruise/pre-hotel).

We will try again in March!  Stay safe and healthy everyone 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NaiNoNo said:

We are so disappointed but on the brightside - we tested positive before we got on the ship.  Also - after a 5 hour hold (!) with Air Canada Vacations,  and we received a 100% refund (air/cruise/pre-hotel).

We will try again in March!  Stay safe and healthy everyone 🙂

I wonder if Monty Python is a close relative or if you've burst forth with a rousing rendition of 'Always look on the bright side of life'?

You'll sail again,

Ruth

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, K_e_short said:

Were you able to get a PCR test?

Others have mentioned that is a big plus to getting Covid - less hassle when you finally do get back to cruising.

I was able to get a PCR test - it was the only way I could get a refund.  I was concerned that I would have to pay for one b/c of the testing restrictions - but public health gave me one - no hassles.  I was literally the only person in the testing centre - which is a giant arena.

15 hours ago, Been There, Planning That said:

I wonder if Monty Python is a close relative or if you've burst forth with a rousing rendition of 'Always look on the bright side of life'?

You'll sail again,

Ruth

lol - I'm not going to lie.  I'm super sad - especially when I see all the posts on the sailing FB group.... I don't have the heart to leave the group......

But I'm choosing to be positive - no point in being angry about something I can't control.  Like I said - hopefully in March 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 7:43 AM, NaiNoNo said:

I was able to get a PCR test - it was the only way I could get a refund.  I was concerned that I would have to pay for one b/c of the testing restrictions - but public health gave me one - no hassles.  I was literally the only person in the testing centre - which is a giant arena.

Curious if your free PCR test has the information on it to use for re-entry back into Canada without having to test.

The PCR test must have the lab name and address that performed the test,

the type of test performed, your name, DOB and the results.

DH and I just tested positive this week and paid to have this PCR test done as the free one I got in December only emailed us the results. 

23 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Curious if your free PCR test has the information on it to use for re-entry back into Canada without having to test.

The PCR test must have the lab name and address that performed the test,

the type of test performed, your name, DOB and the results.

DH and I just tested positive this week and paid to have this PCR test done as the free one I got in December only emailed us the results. 

Yes it has all the info needed for future travel.   It also had to have all that information in order for me to get the full refund from Royal.  

• Like 1