Booked in a suite on the Dawn in late March, what can we expect?

Lottosal65

11 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

About as close to it as you are going to get -

Deck 13 (Sun deck) forward 

While not signed or restricted (and certainly NOT clothing optional) it is not an area

that offers minors anything of interest - a stacked balcony area with small hot tub -

drafty area with glass shields - tacking into a brisk wind can be chilling - around the

corner and up a flight of stairs (deck 14) is the Bimini Bar & Grill.

Forward from the Bar (Forecastle deck 14) is a walkway - just a walkway not a

lounging area.

Deck 14 (Sun deck {Heli-pad}) aft

While not signed or restricted (and certainly NOT clothing optional) 

But it does look down on deck 12 the childrens pool play area

Two passageways port & starboard access to the sports courts

For all intensive purposes unless in one of the two Garden Villas there really is no

adult only areas - suitable for what adults do !

For further reference LINK:

Norwegian Dawn Deck-Drag (cruisedeckplans.com)

Good call. When we were on the Dawn in January 2020 we hung out in that deck 13 area. There weren't many people, so we had good hot tub access. (And people didn't park themselves in there all day... 😐).

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 4:50 PM, complawyer said:

you get to eat breakfast and lunch in cagneys or moderno, with special menus, priority embarkation/disembarkation, the concierge can/will assist you with dinner, show reservations, and shore excursions, the butler will accomodate almost any reasonable request. i have him/her bring a pot of coffee, hot water for tea and sweet rolls/croissants to the cabin every morning, meats, cheeseds and crackers in the afternoon, any goodies you might want, cookies, mm's gummies, 

sometimes i ask for a cold beer. just about anything within reason

Oh, nice! My husband is very uncomfortable with the idea of having a butler, but snacks may help him adjust. 🙂 Thanks for the info!

Edited by Lottosal65
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2022 at 7:29 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

You can also have dinner (Specialty with service charge) served right in your stateroom.

Alcoholic beverages not included - but maybe with a service charge - otherwise normal

room service is free.

In general - your Butler takes care of meals treats beverages in cabin and everything outside

and in a way is an assistant Concierge

Your cabin attendant takes care of the cabin inside beds linen towels cleaning upkeep etc.

Okay, thank you. We'll have to work to keep this straight, lol. 😀

On 1/26/2022 at 7:49 PM, coin ops said:

You can also expect to never want to cruise in a regular room again! 😉

We've stayed in a Deck 10 aft PH (large balcony) twice on the Dawn and totally  enjoyed them.

I can see this is dangerous... 😆 We've always stayed in aft balcony cabins, but this is our first penthouse, + a large balcony... We're both looking forward to the larger room and bigger balcony.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2022 at 8:59 PM, bonvoyagie said:

suites in general are larger. Usually the butler and steward work as a team to insure that the guests have their every needs attended to. Butlers handle snacks and food issues as well as the coffee machine, the steward handles the rest. We have found that you can make a request of either one. One thing we have learned is that if you want room service call the butler and work through them - do not call the room service number directly - they just pass it on to the butler to deliver, the butler wants to be in the loop from the beginning. 

On the Dawn as well as the Jewel class ships, you will be able to eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's/Modernero. In the morning they have a great buffet along with a fixed hot menu. The concierge will also set up shop in the bar area we found that this was the best time to get any of our issues/questions solved. 

If they have one, I suggest that you attend the suites reception party as an alternate way to meet some of the officers. A couple of things to remember is that there are several layers of management - some are parallel paths to the GM (former Hotel Manager). The room stewards report through the head of housekeeping while the butler reports to the concierge to the GM and yes the housekeeping mgr reports to the GM.

Butlers and the concierge do not receive the benefits of the DSC so you need to tip them above and beyond. I tend to tip based on cruise length and how much they do for us above and beyond their expected duties. For example serving meals and special snack and beverage requests. We tend to order breakfast in at least once on a cruise. It is the easiest meal to have delivered as it is one course so they drop and go. Dinner is multi course and is served that way even in your suite. 

One thing to note, once you have had the suite experience it is hard to go back.

Really great to know we can make requests through either the butler or steward. We'll definitely look into attending a suite reception if there is one, and connect with the concierge at breakfast. Thank you!!!

• Like 1

tell your husband to forget about being uncomfortable with the concept of a 24 hour on call butler.

it's one of the major perks for a haven.  if he is that uncomfortable, there is no need to utilize the service.

that being said however, we ask our butler to bring a fresh pot of coffee and a pot of hot water for tea, muffins, sweet rolls and croissants every morning, and it's always there like clockwork!

we ask for assorted meats, cheeses and crackers in the afternoon, and if we've had a long grueling excursion day i ask him to bring and ice cold heineken.they bring sandwiches and other goodies in the afternoon

he'll bring you cookies, candy m/m's and try and fulfill any reasonable request. just remember he has other cabins to take care of also, so dont try and be unreasonable or to demanding. a decent tip either before or after your cruise wouldnt hurt either. usually give my butler $100 on the last day of the cruise

life couldnt be any better. i strongly believe that once your husband gets a taste of the butlers services, he'll be more than satisfied and delighted.

many posts have offered the following caution: be careful when you book a haven suite. you may never want to settle for anything less.

if i cant book a haven suite, my wife wont even consider going. (though i'll admit it has spoiled me also)

• Like 1

see if your friends can bid on an upgrade, or check out the video on a 2 bedroom suite. while the 2nd bedroom is small, it will and can accommodate 2 people. it has it's own toilet and stall shower, but your friends and you will be able to share the rest of the suite (other than your bathroom and shower) and get all the amenities that come with a suite.

this will work if (1) you are really really close friends (2) they dont get jealous or resentful of your sleeping area (3) the 4 of you dont mind the proximity (5)  all realize that it's a vacation for all of you and you dont have to spend each waking minute together. you can all choose different excursions, restaurants, shows, etc.

we are booked on the jade in april on a 2 bedroom suite, and my very good friend and former co-worker is joining us. i advised her as above, the room is small, but she will get all the other goodies that comes with a suite. since its a small room, i didnt ask her to chip in a lot of money as her share. only 2,000 but its a 12,000 cabin. 

• Like 1