Internet

McHaggis69

Just a quick question the various MSC packages -

For myself and my wife to use 1 device each on the cruise (inc streaming) the best option is for one of us to add the 'browse and stream 2 devices' package and then use a single login on our respective phones???

Can we change devices mid cruise? Say if I wanted to use my ipad rather than my phone?

I bought the two phone package and both myself and DH were able to use it on our own devices. I switched between my phone and laptop, but not at the same time with no problems. 

Edited by Kevin79
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McHaggis69 said:

Perfect thanks.

I’ve added surf and stream two devices.

Will mostly be my wife and my phones, but thats great to hear I can switch to the ipad later if I need to.

I’m not sure if it was an isolated issue but some recent YouTube blogger sailing on the Meraviglia I’ve watched mentioned they had to go to keep going one of the lobby desks to switch devices.  Hopefully that’s just isolated issue and not routine 🤷🏻‍♂️

I forgot if it was the ship life, La lita loca or someone else 

Edited by FrostyJoe

10 hours ago, L and M UK said:

The different internet packages say ££“per person”. Im assuming this is not like the drinks package such that all those in the same cabin must have the same package? Thanks in advance 

No, you can add per person.

Yes the two device package would probably be the best choice for your circumstances.  

However, I've also experienced difficulty using two different devices separately on a single login.  I had to go to the Photo Desk on Meraviglia last week and have my account reset just to allow access again.  Ended up only using my phone on the Wifi after that rather than try to switch back and forth with my laptop. 

43 minutes ago, Motegi said:

Yes the two device package would probably be the best choice for your circumstances.  

However, I've also experienced difficulty using two different devices separately on a single login.  I had to go to the Photo Desk on Meraviglia last week and have my account reset just to allow access again.  Ended up only using my phone on the Wifi after that rather than try to switch back and forth with my laptop. 

Ah yes. The YouTuber I saw mentioned the photo desk also. I couldn’t remember what desk before but now you’ve primed my recollection 😅. So at least two anecdotal observations of issues but I don’t know if it’s systematic issue or isolated. 

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming that internet packages can be bought on board, does the price reduce consistent with the days remaining? The pre board price is £84 for a 10 day cruise, if I only want / need from day 5 will the on board price be circa half price (on day 5)?
thanks in advance 

Yes, the price goes down every day. There is probably a minimum number of days you have to purchase to get that daily rate, but I'm pretty sure 5 days is fine. If you just need access for a day here and there, there's also a 24-hour package that they will sell you.