Help with booking???

lozzajelly

Just been advised by my TA that I cannot select my cabin as the cruise line will only release that information 2 weeks prior to sailing. Anyone else had experience of this????:confused:

Really wanted to book knowing exactly where I would be situated.

Please help

Thanks,

Lozza

Just been advised by my TA that I cannot select my cabin as the cruise line will only release that information 2 weeks prior to sailing. Anyone else had experience of this????:confused:

Really wanted to book knowing exactly where I would be situated.

Please help

Thanks,

Lozza

It sounds like you have booked a "guaranteed" cabin. Usually that type of cabin is booked at a good discount, guaranteeing that this category is the lowest you can get with a chance of an upgrade.

We booked one recently on HAL and we didn't get our stateroom number until 2 weeks before the cruise. (Which is typical)

Thanks, but what's a guaranteed cabin??? Bit confused!!!

More or less, the way that I gather it, a Guaranteed Cabin is mainly a guarantee that you have a cabin in a certain cabin type or better. Guaranteed cabins seem to have more of a chance of being upgraded than pre-assigned cabins. So, lets say you Guaranteed as a KK, (inside Stateroom), you always have the chance that they will oversell the KK category, and upgrade you to a better location inside, or maybe even a oceanview.

That is correct. A guarantee cabin assures you of a cabin in the selected category or in a higher one. For example, you can get an Oceanview Guarantee cabin, which may include categories with obstructed views, or you can get a Category C Guarantee, which would ensure an unobstructed (assuming that's what Category C is) Oceanview cabin or above. Obviuosly, you'd pay more for the latter than the former.

Another thing to consider is that sometimes, when a sailing (or a type of cabin) is heavily sold, the cruise line may only offer it as a Guarantee, and not for cabin selection.

Feel free to ask me any questions about this,

Enrique

Really wanted to book knowing exactly where I would be situated.Lozza

I would suggest that you ask your TA why you have been assigned a Guarantee if you did not specifically request this type of booking.

Good Luck:)

I would suggest that you ask your TA why you have been assigned a Guarantee if you did not specifically request this type of booking.

Good Luck:)

You probably got a guarantee because this was all that was available in based on your requirements or price range. For example, on the 3/12 Spirit, you can still book inside rooms, but only as Gurantees. So if your requirement to your TA is that you want the least expensive room, then you will have to book a guarantee. In most cases, unless you are an experienced cruiser and know exactly where you want to be on the ship, then a guarantee is a great option. Typically less expensive (or the same)then selecting a room, but a very good change of an upgrade.

I booked the lowest outside cabin catagory as a guarantee (H). This means that I am absolutely guaranteed not to get a worse cabin then H. Luck would have it, 2 days after booking I was assigned a 6-catagory upgrade to Catagory C. Still an outside, but much better location.

Good luck with the upgrade.

I would think that you've been put on a guarantee because that was all that was available per the cruise line. I doubt your TA only sought a guarantee unless you specified the importance of "economical price". Much like purchasing a flight depending on how early you book and the amount of space that's already been sold, the particular category you've sellected may be nearly oversold. As a result you will still receive your guarantee of passage at that category cabin which you've paid for but until a good portion of the manifest is complete, you will not be assigned a specific cabin number.

Archived