Turkey Visa

Shirleya53

According to their embassy here in Washington DC, the fees for temporary visas have increased to $26 - for those of you returning from Istanbul - have they also increased to $26 when purchasing the visa stamps in-country?

Yes, the visa fees are now $26 when you purchase after arrival. The lines do indeed move VERY quickly and they were fairly short, I can understand wanting someone else to take care of it all for you, but if not waiting in a long line is the MAIN reason for wanting to buy it elsewhere, the lines really should not be that much of a concern.

Even more interesting is the fact that (at least when we were there) the agent, sitting behind the desk, has a table where the money is just cast hither and yon. Nothing like our Bank Tellers where each bill has to be straight and facing the same direction. There are bills all over the place; one wonders how many fall onto the floor and into the "trash." :confused: Little things (i.e., differences) . . this is what makes travel so interesting.

I too received a statement from Oceania showing a charge of $49.00 each for two visas. I went to my TA and she had Oceania issue a credit card credit memo. They also charged us for a transfer from the airport to the ship in Istanbul, but since we are arriving on the 15th and going to our hotel; this was not exactly needed, so we had that charge backed out also.

We did find out that our return flight leaves Athens at 6:00 A.M.!!! I guess this means we will be getting out of bed at 3:00 A.M. - or just staying up all night!

Archived