We are currently booked on NCL for an April 24th TransAtlantic and think it would be an absolute necessity to purchase travel insurance. NCL appears to utilize NationWide but our TA is using Allianz. It appears to me that the Allianz policy is more comprehensive doing a quick comparison to the NationWide. Help!! 😬

5 hours ago, Sixtytwo said:

We are currently booked on NCL for an April 24th TransAtlantic and think it would be an absolute necessity to purchase travel insurance. NCL appears to utilize NationWide but our TA is using Allianz. It appears to me that the Allianz policy is more comprehensive doing a quick comparison to the NationWide. Help!! 

Hi Sixtytwo,

I can't give you advice about Allianz because I stopped doing business with their predecessor Access America in July 2003 on purpose and with good reasons. Allianz bought them in 2012.

And, NCL's plan is a pre-departure waiver plan so your TA would be the best person to ask for the details.

Steve Dasseos

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sixtytwo said:

Thanks for your input! Finding the "right" insurance is time consuming process!

Hi Sixtytwo,

Call us at 1-888-407-3854 or email me at steve@tripinsurancestore.com if you have specific questions about trip insurance that you don't want to ask here.

Steve Dasseos

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of going with USAA product. Any thoughts? Just screwed over by Crystal/Alligent. The party line is that you must go through Crystal to get refund or even to transfer coverage. As we know, that is a problem with crystal since they have closed call center. They kept telling me my contract was with crystal, not with them! Anyway, I don’t want to get involved with a third party again.

5 hours ago, Cruisegal5 said:

Thinking of going with USAA product. Any thoughts? Just screwed over by Crystal/Alligent. The party line is that you must go through Crystal to get refund or even to transfer coverage. As we know, that is a problem with crystal since they have closed call center. They kept telling me my contract was with crystal, not with them! Anyway, I don’t want to get involved with a third party again.

Hi Cruisegal5,

The USAA plan is a private label plan. I've never gotten a copy of their policy wording so I can't tell you what it covers.

Steve Dasseos