Allure change of Itinerary for 2/19 cruise

Islamike

Just were informed that our Allure cruise on 2/19 has a couple changes of itinerary.  Labadee, Haiti instead of Puerto Plata, DR and now Nassau instead of St Kitts.  Not a big Nassau fan but figured we would do an excursion.  Interested in my Cruise Critic friends opinions.  Thank you! 

I'm on this sailing and disappointed as well.  I'm skeptical of their explanations copied below.  I follow Taino Bay Puerto Plata on FB, and they're open for business.  Their site doesn't mention any outstanding pier construction.  In addition, they state having to rearrange the itinerary and substitute St. Kitts with Nassau, Bahamas, due to the distance from Haiti.  That doesn't make any sense because Haiti and the Dominican Republic share a border on the same land mass!  I believe Royal is purposefully shifting ships to Labadee now that it's reopening, and it's a "cash cow" for them.  They get all the revenue with no other competition for tourist dollars.  I've been very understanding when changes take place due to COVID, but this particular situation explained by Royal insults my intelligence 😡

Dear Guest,

Pier construction in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic has unfortunately been delayed and as a result, we won’t be able to dock there. Instead, we’ll now visit Labadee, Haiti on Monday. Additionally, due to the distance from Haiti, we’ve pushed back our visit to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas to Thursday, and replaced our visit to Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis with Nassau, Bahamas on Saturday.

• Like 2

We were in to be Nassau on Jan 9, but due to high winds could not enter the port area. Stopped there on our return to Port Everglades.  Were going to do the Pearl island but on the reschedule it’s was not available, so we did the Catamaran sail and Snorkel.  If you enjoy water sports I would highly suggest it.  Water was warm, very clear. There were lots of different kinds of fish and coral.  The catamaran crew were awesome.  Enjoy!

On 1/27/2022 at 10:15 PM, brody1104 said:

Yes planning on getting away for a girls trip and to a warmer climate. First time with Royal and on a mega ship so hoping there is a lot to do.  

We just got off the "Allure" this past Sunday (B2B). I would not say that there is a LOT to do. There are still many options for keeping busy (ex. trivia, karaoke, etc..). If you have ever cruised before on any line you will definitely see a difference in activities still being offered. Just go with the mindset of having a relaxing "Girls Trip" and you should be fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 7:18 PM, cruise cpl said:

We were in to be Nassau on Jan 9, but due to high winds could not enter the port area. Stopped there on our return to Port Everglades.  Were going to do the Pearl island but on the reschedule it’s was not available, so we did the Catamaran sail and Snorkel.  If you enjoy water sports I would highly suggest it.  Water was warm, very clear. There were lots of different kinds of fish and coral.  The catamaran crew were awesome.  Enjoy!

Will be on the Sunshine Feb 28 and in Nassau Mar 2.  Where was the pick up or meeting spot for the Catamaran - this is one excursion we are looking at.