San Juan shopping from 5pm to midnight

Mom1977

We'll be on the Triumph in San Juan on March 27th, from 5-12. Since the time is so short, we really don't want to do an excursion. But we would like to get off the ship and do a little shopping. Really just some cheap tshirts for our kids, maybe some bottle water/pop to take back on board, and just enjoy a nice walk.

How far away from the ship will we have to walk? Will this be the Old San Juan area?

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived in San Juan on the Triumph on a Monday at 5 pm. There were A LOT of vendors stalls set up across the street that runs along the piers, at the plaza, and up toward the Banco Populare. Good selection of crafts, t-shirts, etc. I don't know whether this is a daily event.

Hello....here it is again......http://www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp this should give you your bearings.... old San Juan is only about 15 square blocks but up and down so feels like more. Lots of plazas, parks and the walk along the old wall is very nice.

Thanks for the great site. We won't be going until January 2007. I was wondering what there is to do when the ship is there 5 PM to midnight. I guess I have time to research. Marlyne

Archived