CCL Myan Ruins Tour

CoasterJoe

I will be on the April 1st Sailing of the Triumph and I wanted to get some opinions and reviews on the Myna Ruins Tour in Cozumel. I tried searching but could not find much. What are the good and bad parts? Are there and tips or warnings? I know I can get the tour cheaper booking locally but my parents are footing the bill and refuse to book through anyone but Carnival. TIA!

We have done the Tulum tour but we did it years ago when the ship dropped you off at Playa del Carmen and then afterwards you ferried back to the ship docked in Cozumel. Now, I think you ferry both ways which makes it a longer tour. However, we thoroughly enjoyed the Tulum ruins. We wore our bathing suits under our clothes and went swimming at the little beach there at Tulum. If you have not seen any Mayan ruins I would suggest doing this tour. The scenery is breathtaking. We thoroughly enjoyed it. :D TG23

Is your ship still goung to Cozumel?

Some itinerary's have changed this stop to Costa Maya. (mine has)

In which case we will be going on a local tour with Ivan & David.

Look under the "Ports of Call" boards for more info on both places.:D

Is your ship still goung to Cozumel?

Some itinerary's have changed this stop to Costa Maya. (mine has)

In which case we will be going on a local tour with Ivan & David.

Look under the "Ports of Call" boards for more info on both places.:D

Yes our ship is still going to Cozumel. I'm kind of wondering if this is a good thing or not.

We did the Myan Ruins on Cozmuel. We had a rented car and drove to the ones on Cozmuel.We had to do a time share thing to get a rented car for only $25.00 a day. I hate doing thoses but it was worth it to get a car to drive on our own. Did not cost that much to see. There is a lot of waking but they are very interesting. Some friends did the one that you book from the ship and costed them a fortune.. After we toured the ruines we had lots of time to drive to the other side of the island to the beach. We found lots of better bargains for things from vendors on the side of the road than we did up town shopping.

We took the Tulum tour during a stop in Cozumel a few years ago.

The ferry over to Playa del Carmen took about 1/2 hour or so but it was relaxing. A high speed ferry brought us back at the end of the day, which was nice as we were tired.

The bus to the ruins was a bit cramped but it was only about a 45 min. ride and the tour guide provided info along the way to pass the time. We snoozed on the way back. On the way to the ruins, there was a lengthy pit stop at a tourist shop that was far longer than anyone cared to stay...the only real negative on the trip.

The tour itself was phenomenal but did involved several hours walking in the blazing hot sun & heat so wear a hat & bring water. The group was large & it was a breezy day so sometimes it was hard to hear the guide (he didn't use a microphone or anything like that) but he was happy to recap or answer questions for you as we walked between structures. The beach below the ruins is gorgeous...we didn't have swim gear but enjoyed wading around a bit.

We really loved this trip...we'd recommend it highly to anyone!

DH and I did the Tulum tour Dec, 04. After the tour which is absoultly georgeous. There is a Subway near where u walk out. which does have nice cold drinks. I highly reccomend this tour we just loved it.:D The guide who was with our group really knew what he was talking about. I don't think you would regret it.

As I recall, it was about an 8 or 9 hour trip for us. We were in port for about 12 hours so we had a couple hours to do some quick shopping afterward.

Given your itinerary, I think you'd be hard pressed to find shopping time unless your ruins tour is much shorter than ours was.

If you rent a car and if want to see the ruins, can you drive directly there? Or do you take the car over on the ferry?

How much quicker is the drive (ferry?) there going "on your own"?

Archived