Independent beach and monkey/sloth park

mscloyd

Our cruise isn't until 2023, but I am doing my research now.  I was looking into booking Rony's Tours private tour so our party of 5 can visit a monkey/sloth park and spend the day at the beach.  My first choice would be Infinity Beach Resort, but from what I have read you can't book a day pass ahead of time - it is first-come.  At this point ours is the only ship in port that day (unless things change) so I am thinking if we head there first we would have a good shot of getting a lounger. If not, we can hopefully find something at one of the nearby resorts (Tabyana, Paradis, or Banarama). We also want to go to a monkey/sloth park where we can hold a sloth and interact with monkeys. AJ's and Daniel Johnson's are the only ones I can see where you can pay the entrance fee without transportation, but they are both the opposite direction from the beach. Any suggestions for a park closer to West Beach area? We aren't really interested in spending a ton of time at a park so not interested in a large park that takes a long time to visit (like Gumablimba). I was at AJ's a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it so looking for a similar experience.  It looks like it would be 30 min. from Coxen Hole to AJ's or DJ's, then an hour to the beach, then another 30 min back to port.  We do have 8 hours in port (10-6), but I hate to waste all our port time driving around so any other ideas would be appreciated.

Ya might ask you tour operator what they suggest, I say this because much has changed on the island since covid.  They may even offer you several options you can research and chose the best one for you. 

As far as West Bay, double check with Infinity or one of the third party sellers. I have of vague memory of people sorting day passes prior to arrival.  If not Paradise Beach Club is the closest, with Bananarama next to the. As far as I know Tabyana is only as option thur the ship.  

You may also be ae to find current info about third parties and Infinty here. Give the search a go

Thank you.  Yes I have been searching several places but you are correct that a lot of things have changed and it is hard to find more recent information. Of course, things could change again by the time we take this trip. Hoping someone else might give me newer information or alternatives. 

Did you check thread a few down, upper case Monkey Sloth/Zoo Comparison?  

There is a company mentioned Roatan Discover, they offer day passes to Infinity and they also offer Bodden's Monkey Business which is in Sandy Bay.  Perhaps a click about their website website a chat with them will provide what you want. 

I would post a link here but I have not learned to copy/paste with my phone.  Of you don't find it the search feature maybe of help, perhaps start with Discover Roatan. 

• 4 weeks later...

In March of 2020 we used Victor Boddens to see the sloths, do a drift snorkle and then had time at a beach.  It was the best excursion I've ever had on any cruise because we had a really great driver, loved the sloths and the beach was beautiful. I don't see this exact tour anymore but it looks like he does a group tour that includes the sloths and beach time.  He also does private tours..maybe that would allow you to choose your beach?

Roatan Getaway Tours goes to AJs if you want to go back there. We booked with them, via Viator, for a combo tour - sloths/monkeys & snorkeling. They get great reviews on Viator and TripAdvisor. They only seem to have a few combo tours on Viator, but if you go directly to their site, you can do a private/custom tour and select what you want to do. I know you said AJs is far, but maybe if you reach out to the company, they can tell you a closer place for a beach break near the sanctuary.