Which is "better" sightseeing excursion: Fort Charlotte (St. Vincent) or Brimstone Hill Fortress (St. Kitts)?

Wife and I are going to E. Caribbean for 1st time on Oceania (Sirena, 11/18/22). Being former USAF I love military-related sites but I only get so many on any trip. Since we're going to San Juan, I'm going to Castillo San Felipe Moro. But I think I'll have to choose between Fort Charlotte or Brimstone Hill Fortress.

For anyone who has been to either or both, which would you recommend and why?

How beautiful are the views?

Easy to access & explore?

How long a time visiting do they take to get a good sense of?

Any specific pros and cons? 

For me, Brimstone would be the preference. The views of and from Brimstone are stunning and mostly uninterrupted by anything modern or ugly. Depending on how you're getting there, a vehicle can go only so far, and then you have to walk. There is a fairly steep stone way up to Brimstone fortress itself, and there are steps within the fortress. There also are outbuildings, a burial area, and other areas to explore at Brimstone, so there is the potential for a lot of walking, up and downhill. 

You could spend 1 to 2 hours exploring Brimstone and the surrounds and taking in the views. When we went, our guide, Royston, bought lunches, and we ate there amidst the beautiful scenery, sharing our lunch with the mongoose who came by the picnic table. Brimstone has toilets on site as well as a small gift shop, and there are informational materials and signage to tell you about what you are viewing.

• Like 1