RECENT Legend cruisers

Psweets

We got off the Legend on 1/19. We arrived in port at around 8:30 or so, they started calling the self-assist passengers around 10:00. We had luggage to pick up and were off the ship by 11:00. This cruise was at not more than 50% capacity, so for sure disembarkation went very quickly once it began. We cruised out of Baltimore one other time, on the Pride, and the currents in the Chesapeake caused a delay on arriving back to the port of several hours. Good luck scheduling a pick up, but most of all - enjoy your cruise!

What kind of pick up are you scheduling? Just wondering on their flexibility because it basically depends on when you get back into port, which can vary from week to week. I think on last week's return, they didn't get back until noon because of weather. Back in Dec, we got into port probably before 8 and got off just before 10.

You're platinum, so if you do self-assist luggage handling you can be off much earlier than that.  We sailed Legend in December 2021 and I think we were IN OUR UBER at 9:40am. EDIT: I went back and looked at my live review from December and I see I actually included a photo of the debarkation letter we received.  In case the link doesn't work, early self-assist debarkation was 9:15am but those with the huge suitcases had to wait until 10:30am.   We learned a long time ago, in our early days of European travel, to pack light and Rick Steves is a good teacher on the subject, you can probably google the content free.  Here's the link to the letter from my Legend cruise review: 20211205_135324.jpg.1948877dd0e38b37cf3d

I was on the December 5 sailing and the Platinum self-assist was called at exactly 10:00 despite docking a little before 9:00. They said the previous week was a bit early, but our sailing was right on time. I suspect they won't vary from that time too much as they need to wait for the porters, stevedores, CBP, and Immigration to be ready to receive the ship. 

Sailing again on the Legend on March 20! 

If you happen to think of it, can you find out if Alter Idem (band) still playing in the Red Frog Pub? They were amazing on my December sailing. The Accidental String Trio at Alchemy Bar was good as well. Didn't care for Dara in the piano bar, although I heard she just went home early so that she could have time off and come back for an early transfer to the west coast. 

If you have Anytime Dining, I highly recommend asking for Almer and Joseph. They were awesome!

Have a great trip!

I returned on the 30th and due to rough weather on the return we didn't dock until 11 and didn't start debarkation for self-assist until probably 11:30.  I was Group 1 with luggage (Platinum) and we didn't get called until noon.  Alter Diem and Accidental String were both on my sailing and can confirm that Dara was leaving on the 30th to go home.

So as CookieShip said, its definitely weather dependent if you are cruising in the winter.

On 2/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, brilliantseas said:

If you have Anytime Dining, I highly recommend asking for Almer and Joseph. They were awesome!

We have always requested particular servers or tables with YTD when we get to the hostess stand, but wasn't sure how this will work now with using the app. Can you request on the app, or just ask at the hostess stand? TY!

3 hours ago, firstgradefun said:

We have always requested particular servers or tables with YTD when we get to the hostess stand, but wasn't sure how this will work now with using the app. Can you request on the app, or just ask at the hostess stand? TY!

Your best bet is to go to the hostess outside the entrance and make your request. They can check you in without the app so long as they aren't on a wait. I've also used the app and then made the request when the app says my table is ready, but that seems to cause more work for the hostesses as by the time your table is ready in the app, they've already assigned you to a table. To make a change at that point, they have to un-assign, and then re-assign you, and it may throw off their seating rotation. Going forward, I'll just plan to eat early or late and make my request in person while they are not on a wait. 

• Like 1