6666 (oops,one to many!)

afdds

Can you believe this cabin number that I have on the Mariner! Cabin # 6666, oh well, at least it's not 666. Anyone else stay in this cabin on the Mariner?

I think I'll use my magnetic Cruise Critic door sign to cover up the numbers! ;)

Actually, the "0" after 666 in cabin 6660 cancels out the 666 effect. Conversely the "6" after 666 in cabin 6666 multiplies the effect exponentially. Don't be surprised if you wake up in the middle of the night wiht your head spinning around.....:eek:

When we sailed on Mariner last February that cabin was available and I specifically chose another one. Call me superstitious, but I didn't want that one. Silly, I know. I'm sure it is a fine room. Just keep a sense of humor.

Can you believe this cabin number that I have on the Mariner! Cabin # 6666, oh well, at least it's not 666. Anyone else stay in this cabin on the Mariner?

I think I'll use my magnetic Cruise Critic door sign to cover up the numbers! ;)

Did the Devil make you book it? :eek: LOL

Now I know why and how I got that upgrade! ;) No one else wants the cabin with the BEAST. Think I'll sleep with one eye open! Maybe, I'll call my cabin "Double Six, Double Six"

Anyone else with cabins 6666. How did you fair?

When we sailed on Mariner last February that cabin was available and I specifically chose another one. Call me superstitious, but I didn't want that one. Silly, I know. I'm sure it is a fine room. Just keep a sense of humor.

You're joking, right?

Hi

DH/I had 6669 on Voyager last year. Got a laugh out of the cabin number and couldn't resist keeping it. That was a huge mistake. Our cabin and several others flooded due to a backup in the galley below us. We ended up moving to another inside cabin on Deck 10 that sounded like a fish tank since we were under one of the whirpools or next to a water tank. The swooshing lasted until 3am and then we heard pipes clanking. Should have stayed at the bar and drank! LOL

Two lessons learned:

No more cabins with 666.

Never stay on Deck 10.

Have to say it was one very interesting cruise but I pitied our cabin steward since it was all of his cabins that flooded.

OHHHHHHHHHH!

Don’t know if this is getting funnier or more troublesome by the minute. I hadn’t really thought about my room # really being 666.

Ok, bring on the 666 cabin stories so I can be prepared or jump ship! (only kidding)

Just out of curiosity -- I have heard about the "666" superstition before, but have no idea where it comes from...can somebody fill me in? By the way, we had cabin 8666 on the Enchantment, an aft family suite, and it was spectacular...we are now spoiled for life...but more than one person asked me if I was concerned about the cabin #, and I could never figure out why...

TIA

I recently read a Biblical study that claimed that 666 was NOT the Devil's number, and that this assertion was the result of a mistranslation. Kind of like the question in the Koran as to whether on death a martyr is greeted by 40 virgins or 40 white grapes. I'm waiting to get the Devil's correct number so I can put him on my speed dial.

Different cultures have different superstitions - I used to stay at a Japanese hotel when in Chicago on business. It was a very nice place and a great location. The elevator "skipped" the fourth floor. When I asked about it, I was told that there was no fourth floor because 4 is unlucky as the clerk was telling me this, he handed me my room key 1313!

Archived