Frenchman's Reef/Morningstar--how is it?

OHTOBECRUISIN

Hi.

Considering spending a few hours at the beach at the Marriott Morningstar next month while in port.

Islander or anyone: I see that there is a new timeshare/vacation club going in on the hillside. Is the construction causing any problems beachside?

Pls adv

thx

Thats exactly what we did the last time in St. Thomas. Magens was too far away for our time frame. Their beach is small and mostly just guests use it. It was fairly empty when we were there, about 15 people I would estimate. Once we heard Marriott was building their timeshare property we signed up. From what I know as an owner that has bought sight unseen they are builing into the cliff and the beach is open as normal. Noise, not sure of, but if I remember from my paperwork the timeshare property faces more towards the harbor side and not the ocean side. Not for sure on that though. Although you could probably call the hotel and ask them exactly what impacts there are to the beach. I am sure they would tell you what they know. My wife and I are headed there in May to stay at the Morningstar and check out our investment. Although, Marriotts timeshares are top notch so we are not worried at all. Just looking forward to a little vacation!

The construction is one the harbour side of the hotel; it does not affect the Morningside resort at all. This was our second time to stay at Morningstar and we really love staying right on the beach. This time we had a second floor beachfront room and the views were wonderful. Be sure to request beachfront and either the second or third floor. The beach is lovely but the surf is a little rough for snorkeling. Our room was very comfortable and the service was great. Other than the Ritz, I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Archived