Matunska versus Mendenhall Glacier

gilliansp

Hello! Advice please. We will definitely be visiting the Matunska Glacier whilst in Anchorage and am not sure when in Juneau to also visit the Mendenhall Glacier as well or will it  just be a similar experience? If so, then we will definitely do something different in Juneau, probably whale watching.

Are you cruising? What about other stops along the way?

Mendenhall is a good spot to visit. How long are you in port? Could you possibly do both? Pretty sure I saw combo Whale+Mendenhall options in the past so you might look in to that.

12 hours ago, J0Y0US said:

Are you cruising? What about other stops along the way?

Mendenhall is a good spot to visit. How long are you in port? Could you possibly do both? Pretty sure I saw combo Whale+Mendenhall options in the past so you might look in to that.

I have looked at  the combo excursion. Yes we are doing our own land tour + cruise, visiting Sitka, Juneau, Skagway and Ketchikan. Really wanted to see some bears as well but I think we are to late, 3rd week September, for any quality bear excursions. 

22 hours ago, katrina915 said:

I usually see bears at steep creek at Mendenhall.  Did in September and in August.

22 hours ago, katrina915 said:

I usually see bears at steep creek at Mendenhall.  Did in September and in August.

In that case definitely worth visiting! Do you think we will have time to do a whale watching tour and visit Sreep Creek, as opposed to spending time on the glacier itself? We will be in port from 9am - 10pm?