Azamara Journey headed for Amsterdam

oddjob16

I have read somewhere that Journey would proceed to Preveza, Greece for the non-cruising period. Now I see on marinetraffic that she is headed for Amsterdam instead. Maybe she is going to have some upgrades at the same yard that Is rebuilding Onward?

just got off Journey on Tuesday and she was going to head to Amsterdam, my understanding to be accommodation for the contractors working on Onward. Entertainment staff etc got off but many staff staying on to provide service in Amsterdam

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gasman489 said:

Geez, I’m delighted to hear that this was the reason they cancelled all of the scheduled cruises on Journey (not).  

The reason for cancellations was the lack of bookings mainly due to the ever changing Covid protocols in the cruise area. Azamara have merely utilised the ship in the most advantageous way they can rather than leaving it floating around aimlessly.

• Like 6

I completely get that part of it.  This is our second cruise in 2 months that’s been cancelled.  What I don’t get is how it was handled.  No notification whatsoever.  We only found out when we went online to look at shore excursions and saw “Voyage Cancelled” on the booking!  Not really a great way to do business.  

6 minutes ago, gasman489 said:

I completely get that part of it.  This is our second cruise in 2 months that’s been cancelled.  What I don’t get is how it was handled.  No notification whatsoever.  We only found out when we went online to look at shore excursions and saw “Voyage Cancelled” on the booking!  Not really a great way to do business.  

Sorry to hear that, I have to admit communication does appear to be a bit of an Achilles Heal at the moment. Just hoping it’s a blip possibly because of the move to a new Head office in Miami and unplugging from the RCG infrastructure.

• Like 2

Hope all is well onboard. I read elsewhere UK track and trace is pinging people who just disembarked from Journey. Some are still in the Canaries some have flown home so the ship seems to be the common denominator