Lunch on Beach

celestialcruiser

We are thinking of making this a relaxing port day.  Maybe a little shopping downtown then lunch and margaritas somewhere. Would like a place on the beach but something not crazy like Mr. Sancho's beach club. Any recommendations? I read about Hemmingway's and was thinking of trying there.

Hemingway’s has very nice ambiance and different areas for sitting. We haven’t been for lunch but have been for drinks and a sunset dinner. If you are in town shopping Hemingway’s is convenient. 

We have also enjoyed the bar next door LaMonina for a more budget friendly location with Happy Hour 12-5pm but not the same ambiance!

If you are just looking for lunch with a view and not actual water access you could also check out Blue Angel or roof top restaurant at Sereno.

which pier are you docking at?

18 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Hemingway’s has very nice ambiance and different areas for sitting. We haven’t been for lunch but have been for drinks and a sunset dinner. If you are in town shopping Hemingway’s is convenient. 

We have also enjoyed the bar next door LaMonina for a more budget friendly location with Happy Hour 12-5pm but not the same ambiance!

If you are just looking for lunch with a view and not actual water access you could also check out Blue Angel or roof top restaurant at Sereno.

which pier are you docking at?

We are on MSC and I think dock in downtown. 

5 minutes ago, celestialcruiser said:

We are on MSC and I think dock in downtown. 

Yes, you should dock in town. 

Depending on your mobility you should be able to walk around town. We walked to and from Hemingway’s and La Monina from our in town accommodation. We also took a taxi to Playa Azul one day which is quieter but not many loungers in day club area. I think it was ~$10pp entrance fee credited to food and drink. Buccanos next door is also good but we don’t like their cruiser day pass fees, however they may have suspended them for now. You would need to check current policy.

Do you want somewhere to actually swim/snorkel or just look at the ocean?

20 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Yes, you should dock in town. 

Depending on your mobility you should be able to walk around town. We walked to and from Hemingway’s and La Monina from our in town accommodation. We also took a taxi to Playa Azul one day which is quieter but not many loungers in day club area. I think it was ~$10pp entrance fee credited to food and drink. Buccanos next door is also good but we don’t like their cruiser day pass fees, however they may have suspended them for now. You would need to check current policy.

Do you want somewhere to actually swim/snorkel or just look at the ocean?

No swimming or lounging this day. Just lunch and drinks with a view.

2 hours ago, celestialcruiser said:

No swimming or lounging this day. Just lunch and drinks with a view.

There are several new restaurants that have opened on Melgar over the last couple of years or so. If you just want lunch and a view and don’t want go too far from shopping area I can highly recommend rooftop terrace at Aqui y Ahora, although you have to be able to climb a funky staircase at the back of the cafe.Google for website and menu.

Many people recommend the upstairs terrace at the museum but we have never tried it yet.