Cruise Critic heading out on Seashore on 2/19! What do you want to know?

Cruise Critic Chris

• Members

No; the Hola margs are NOT included in the YC drink package. But today they were having a 2-for-1 special so we splurged. You do pick your own type of tequila or mezcal as well as type of salt and flavor and such. It was more like a specialty cocktail than the margs I get at my local Mexican restaurant. 

• Members

For people who asked about door decorations and decoration packages - the doors are metallic so you can decorate them. There are special occasion packages where you pay for someone to decorate the room. If you buy before you go, there's a discount. 

• Members

We had a specialty dining package that included Teppanayaki, Butcher's Cut and Ocean Cay. We paid a la carte for Hola and sushi. You can buy the package ahead of time at a discount. There are also specials once you are onboard. 

• Like 1

• Members

Some of the menus I posted had the Easy drinks listed - I believe it's drinks under $9. 

We are wearing the MSC wristbands. I like them because you can use it to open doors and order drinks and such without carrying your card around. 

• Members

Menu and photos from sushi last night. Mixed reviews on the place from people at CC. A writer from LA, where you can get really awesome sushi, was not a fan. A sales person from Florida loved it. 

I'm in between. We've lived in Seattle and so yeah, I've had awesome sushi. But now we're on the East Coast. I'd say it was comparable to what we get at our local run-of-the-mill place in Bucks County. It is fun and a nice choice when you want to nosh and not have a long 3-course meal. 

78520261-9960-459B-92AE-9BF09A481A0E.jpeg

BE6DA3B8-9925-4CDC-8428-113E75288E7E.jpeg

5DE814A7-9138-49D2-9F5A-04B936C01EB0.jpeg

• Members
20 hours ago, JAGR said:

Thanks!  I was curious, since DW is a Malbec drinker, and they have one on the Wine Cellar list that is not on the YC list.

More on the Wine Cellar - we stopped by there last night because I am a wine drinker and it interests me. It's essentially closed right now. None of the pour-your-owns are open.

They are selling the bottles in the restaurants, some at a discount. But right now, it's just a dead zone.

B0EAE9BF-E019-4367-B4A7-D45E74BDEAFC.jpeg

E6192E66-9780-4427-A39A-51EEFA57E3D3.jpeg

On 2/20/2022 at 10:37 AM, Cruise Critic Chris said:

18273B70-4DFE-4B02-A5A3-B6E476341E4A.jpeg

Thanks for the review and all the info.  We will be on the Seashore in  June, for our first MSC cruise  ever.  We will be in YC and I thought that I read that the YC includes admission to the Thermal Area of the spa.  Is that correct or did I imagine that?  

Nancy

• Members

Photo and menu for last meal onboard in the MDR. Dinner was better than the first time we went, although my husband's risotto was not as good as the Yacht Club version. I had the French onion soup and the meatloaf at the staff suggestion. Desert was a coconut cake. Service continued to be prompt and we were out of there in a little over an hour. 

9BE91D43-4D52-4580-B44B-88E291623D1B.jpeg

FBDE7A89-6AA5-49C1-9554-9CF8FB272DF2.jpeg

9D81B5C9-E0EA-4D27-82C2-F9D0D183A695.jpeg

8FE97CBB-8640-437A-9148-9936F453B9A6.jpeg

9DBE6566-C706-45FE-9DF0-9E8DF589D3A4.jpeg

D2CD4717-4E6D-41BD-BA47-8E9228182DCE.jpeg

• Members

The weather was better for our second day at Ocean Cay. We didn't do much - husband stayed at the Yacht Club area while I ran around and took photos. 

I did try the extra few seafood at the food truck - calamari. it was fried upon ordering with nice seasoning. I did not eat at the main buffet but menu attached below. 

We did not go ashore for the evening lighthouse show but watched from the outdoor area of the Yacht Club lounge. 

I was impressed by the wheelchairs that were available for people with accessibility needs. Big wheels to navigate the sand. 

5CAAD611-75FD-49F6-96C7-8DE3839BEFFE.jpeg

46D6BDFA-B081-4CB2-B3A6-FAEF49153355.jpeg

ED50C13D-6639-4ECB-A546-2CDBB7C00BF5.jpeg

3CCF2795-FD3B-472C-BAFF-772665A48A31.jpeg

BC4556F1-CB99-4F32-83B1-00DD32C6F072.jpeg

48401FAB-484C-4209-ABA0-2FF5363331C1.jpeg

51C6D5F2-53B6-4009-9651-E9225A76E679.jpeg

09A7E73F-634A-4545-89AB-FC7FCCBAE510.jpeg

22D97296-10C7-426E-8889-A772C9EC576F.jpeg

86FF2F79-C2FC-4C82-B2DE-7E71BEF1536F.jpeg

• Members

And that's a wrap! Thanks everyone for your questions! I know I didn't get to them all but hopefully you found something in here of interest.

All in all; I liked the trip and MSC Seashore, a lot. The MDR is inconsistent in food but not in service; I'd put it at the same level as Royal's. Personally among the four major mainstream lines, I find that NCL and Carnival have slightly better MDR food than Royal and MSC. Carnival has a lot more free tasty options too. Royal and Carnival do have a lot more daytime activities and trivia. I did like MSC Seashore's pool areas, a lot. 

The Yacht Club experience definitely elevates MSC Seashore into another category. Not true luxury but certainly comparable to the Celebrity and NCL suite class (and in some respects, better). I am a fan of the Celebrity Sky Suite product, particularly on the Edge-class ships.

If I was traveling for vacation and not work, I would book an interior or balcony in Yacht Club so I could have those amenities and the better dining. I would also buy a specialty dining package. YMMV. 

Thanks for reading and happy sailing! 

Chris 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

Second article from the trip, specifically about the Yacht Club: https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?stay=1&ID=6789

From your article "In the upper suites, you also get a bottle of your favorite spirit, along with mixers." Where is it written that my Owners suite on Feb 12,2022 sailing should come with this bottle of spirit ? I had to ask my butler and he feigned any knowledge of it. I did get a small bottle of Jack Daniels on my third day after my questioning. We are going back in March 2022 in same cabin and would like to present our butler with this printed amenity. Thank you. Love all your reporting. Thanks to you we now know everything we have been missing and hope to take advantage of next month. Will print out your list from second article.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

59 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

From your article "In the upper suites, you also get a bottle of your favorite spirit, along with mixers." Where is it written that my Owners suite on Feb 12,2022 sailing should come with this bottle of spirit ? I had to ask my butler and he feigned any knowledge of it. I did get a small bottle of Jack Daniels on my third day after my questioning. We are going back in March 2022 in same cabin and would like to present our butler with this printed amenity. Thank you. Love all your reporting. Thanks to you we now know everything we have been missing and hope to take advantage of next month. Will print out your list from second article.

When are you sailing? ️  
We are boarding for our first cruise 19/3 B2B 😎 

Thank you so much for all your helpful information. So excited to be on the Seashore March 12-19.  I noticed there was 1 Elegant and 1 White night on your cruise.  Was there any other theme nights?  I won’t be in the Yacht Club so I’ll be in the MDR if that matters.  Thank you!