Moving covid cancellation FCC/OBC offer to another cruise

Virga

Trying to make this one less wordy in the hopes of getting responses.  So, more generally:

Has anyone applied a covid cancellation offer (FCC+OBC) to a cruise, and later decided they would rather have the OBC on a different cruise?  Were you able to do so? 

We'd still be taking the 'placeholder' cruises - paying them in full with cash - but would much rather have OBC on cruises that aren't just a weekend trip to Nassau. Unfortunately, my PVP says I only have until the end of March to book, even though the cancellation email says I have until the end of July.  I'm actually OK with booking and taking the 'extra' cruises now, as long as I know I can transfer the FCC/OBC to a more 'useful' cruise I book later down the road.  

7 minutes ago, keene state mom said:

I think  you had until February 15 th to do that with no charge to you ... so it might be too late 

I might have presented it wrong - these are credit offers for cruises that Carnival cancelled.  I have until at least the end of March to book some cruises and apply the credits.  I'm trying to find out if later I'm able to book another cruise, and transfer the FCC/OBC cancellation credits to the new cruise, and just pay the 'placeholder' cruises in full in cash.  

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

I have changed several cruises which have the COVID $600 credit.  Each time, I made sure the OBC would transfer, which it did.  

I have not tried to move the OBC from a booked cruise to another already booked. 

That sounds really hopeful for me!  I don't even want to cancel the 'placeholder' cruises, I just don't want to waste $600 OBC on a Nassau weekend cruise - and I won't be ready to book our 'real' 2023 trips until after March.

Fingers crossed my PVP comes through with that in writing.  After being sent the emails that clearly say July 31st and not being able to get anyone to honor that, I don't know why I care about having it in writing, but I'll feel better when I have it.  

• Like 1