Peloton bikes on Celebrity Edge

Megabear2

Hello.  Just booked Celebrity Edge for my first Celebrity cruise.  I'm travelling with my friend who is a big peloton fan. She has asked me if the bikes have shoes or cages.  All sounds very foreign to me and far too strenuous but if anyone can help with that information I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Edited by Megabear2
Missed words

They do have cages on the pedals but they flip over and are also clips. The fitness center has shoes but I always used the cages. There is no charge to use the bikes. If you don’t have a Peleton account they will log you in to theirs. Do beware that the Bluetooth and headphones don’t always work so I recommend bringing the wires ones that come with the bike

When I was on in October they had 2 working on day 1 when we boarded. The next day there was 1 and I got to use it. The next day that was broke. They tried a lot too fix it, like reloaded software, but nothing worked.

It was a B2B but the port staff was unable to fix any of the bikes so for my second week there were also no bikes.

In the back room I saw 4 or 5 broken Pelotons that they were unable to fix. IMO the product does not seem to hold up to commercial use. 

If you book an Iconic suite you would probably have one in your room. For the price of that cabin you could buy 10 bikes 

Maybe someone recently off can give a Peloton status report?

1 hour ago, KruznKimmie said:

And it is encouraged to reserve the Peloton bikes for a specific time in the spa if you want to make certain you obtain the bikes when you like.

There is no cost to use the Peloton bikes. 

There were 3 on the APEX recently.

Is that the same for the treadmills, that you need to make a reservation?

5 minutes ago, floatplan said:

No reservations for treadmills. AFAIK there are no Pelotons, they are all TechnoGym and at least 10.

Celebrity Cruises recognized the popularity of Peloton even before the COVID-19 pandemic hit. The line has six bikes per ship on its Edge- and Solstice-class ships, and four on its Millennium-class ships. ... There's no cost to using the bikes. Suite guests can reserve Pelotons either in advance or onboard.Jul 22, 2021

19 hours ago, floatplan said:

When I was on in October they had 2 working on day 1 when we boarded. The next day there was 1 and I got to use it. The next day that was broke. They tried a lot too fix it, like reloaded software, but nothing worked.

It was a B2B but the port staff was unable to fix any of the bikes so for my second week there were also no bikes.

In the back room I saw 4 or 5 broken Pelotons that they were unable to fix. IMO the product does not seem to hold up to commercial use. 

If you book an Iconic suite you would probably have one in your room. For the price of that cabin you could buy 10 bikes 

Maybe someone recently off can give a Peloton status report?

That is unfortunate.  I hope they have them fixed in a few months when we will be on the EDGE as the Peloton bikes are so much better than taking any of the cycling classes offered on board.

• 4 months later...