Miami hotel/car rental

pfd104

I don't know the answer to this, but you might want to check out this board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

That is the Hotel Pre/Post Cruise board and there are some very helpful and informed people there, some who live in the area and know a lot about the hotels there. Good luck!

I recommend AVIS for Miami. Cars and Vans are very reasonable in Florida. There are no rental agencies at the ports. (Avis used to have an office at the Port of Miami but closed it in 2001) Rent the car where you fly into. (Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Fort Meyers,etc.) and drop the car at the AVIS Miami airport location and an AVIS bus will take you directly to the Port of Miami from the airport (20 minutes max). You can reverse the process when you return, or if you do not need a car simply take a cab to your departing airport.

We've done this twice with our family of (6) and love the service. I travel and rent a lot and Avis has always been good to us. They have gone the extra steps when they see my family comming.

Good luck and have fun!

Square

Song of America

Song of Norway

Granduer of the Seas (2X)

Navigator of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Enchantment of the Seas (2X)

Jewel of the Seas

Hi, we flew down the day before the cruise.... rented a car at airport from enterprise...... stayed at the radison I think on Biscayne Ave. They have an enterprise car rental there, so we left the car there Saturday and had a vocher transferr to the pier for Sailing time. We made the mistake of going into the parkinf garage to check in and unload, we were there for 51 minutes and they charged $5. So after we drove to the keys Friday night we turned the car in around 2 am so not to pay parking.

Archived