Carnival Radiance Pre-Cruise Covid Test Question

DizNaddy

My family and I have a Carnival cruise scheduled on the Radiance that is scheduled to depart on 03/07/2022. I received an email from Carnival discussing a pre-cruise Covid-19 testing process that they are trying out on specific Carnival sailing scheduled from February 4 through April 30, 2022. I was wondering if anyone has tried out this new process of getting your pre-cruise Covid-19 test (PCR or antigen) at the Long Beach Terminal as part of the embarkation process?

I registered in advance for the Covid-19 as requested but when I attempted to make a Covid-19 test appointment on the DOCGO website, I saw the following note: Do NOT schedule an appointment if you are planning to be tested at a Radiance sailing or if you are unvaccinated. I am confused by this message. Can my family and I get a pre-cruise Covid-19 test at the Long Beach Terminal as part of our normal Carnival Cruise check-in process on embarkation day? Do we use our cruise check-in time as my appointment time? Is anyone familiar with this new trial process and has gone through it. My fear is not not having an actual pre-cruise Covid-19 test appointment and not being able to get tested at the terminal and then scrambling to try to find a testing facility nearby to get tested and not miss out on my cruise. Thanks in advance for any knowledge sharing that you can give me on this new testing process.

Below is a copy of the email letter that I received from Carnival detailing this new process.    

TESTING RESOURCES FOR VACCINATED GUESTS
CARNIVAL RADIANCE, CARNIVAL CONQUEST & CARNIVAL LIBERTY
FEBRUARY 4 THROUGH APRIL 30, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you on your upcoming Carnival cruise. 

Current CDC protocols require vaccinated guests to receive a pre-cruise COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within two days of sailing. To provide guests with a convenient and affordable opportunity to get their test, we are expanding our in-terminal antigen testing capabilities for the ships referenced above. This will allow all vaccinated guests to receive their required pre-cruise test as part of the embarkation process.  

Guests must register in advance. A non-refundable US$10, per person, charge will be assessed to the guest’s Sail & Sign account.  

To register, please use the link designated below for your departure port.

Embarkation Port

Reservation Link

Carnival Radiance – Long Beach 

Carnival Conquest – Miami &
Carnival Liberty – Port Canaveral

Edited by DizNaddy

If you find out you're not able to test at the port for $10 each, the long beach airport has testing that is either $20 per person or they charge your insurance with 0 out of pocket. At least that's what they told me when I called about it. Another option because CVS in that area is slim pickins!

We are sailing on 28th 4 day can also check. We ordered theAbbott  Binax home tests we will do this On Sat. the version we have are proctored as the port testing hadn’t been announced. Ordered online 6pack as heard good to have a spare on hand received fed ex next business day. We Also preregistered for Pier Long Beach testing just in case need it. Will try and get as much cruise intel as can. If think of any questions add onto this post, or search for my screen name. Assuming get good  internet on cruise, or will post when return. Checked in 14days prior exactly at midnight and able to choose any arrival time from 9:30am on. Chose 10:30am, so will report on crowd,process,parking etc. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225

2 hours ago, nyonefivetwo said:

I'm sailing on Radiance on Friday, and I will let you know what I find out!

We will wave as get on ship as you get off  - can you please take a screenshot from Carnival hub or menu of the main dining room menus (app,main,desserts)  from first day, and “elegant” night and post here? Really appreciate it. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225
typo

Was just on radiance. I contacted about same issue and was tol after pre departure area. We had ours done before going to Los Angeles.

once you get past pre departure they send to right people already tested and left people paying ten bucks.

no registration needed for radiance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, thepla said:

Was just on radiance. I contacted about same issue and was tol after pre departure area. We had ours done before going to Los Angeles.

once you get past pre departure they send to right people already tested and left people paying ten bucks.

no registration needed for radiance.

I registered when not sure if able to get a test. May no longer need at port. Do they still have charge regardless or if actually take test then bill. Thanks

Edited by Buffettfan 225

14 hours ago, DizNaddy said:

My family and I have a Carnival cruise scheduled on the Radiance that is scheduled to depart on 03/07/2022. I received an email from Carnival discussing a pre-cruise Covid-19 testing process that they are trying out on specific Carnival sailing scheduled from February 4 through April 30, 2022. I was wondering if anyone has tried out this new process of getting your pre-cruise Covid-19 test (PCR or antigen) at the Long Beach Terminal as part of the embarkation process?

I registered in advance for the Covid-19 as requested but when I attempted to make a Covid-19 test appointment on the DOCGO website, I saw the following note: Do NOT schedule an appointment if you are planning to be tested at a Radiance sailing or if you are unvaccinated. I am confused by this message. Can my family and I get a pre-cruise Covid-19 test at the Long Beach Terminal as part of our normal Carnival Cruise check-in process on embarkation day? Do we use our cruise check-in time as my appointment time? Is anyone familiar with this new trial process and has gone through it. My fear is not not having an actual pre-cruise Covid-19 test appointment and not being able to get tested at the terminal and then scrambling to try to find a testing facility nearby to get tested and not miss out on my cruise. Thanks in advance for any knowledge sharing that you can give me on this new testing process.

Below is a copy of the email letter that I received from Carnival detailing this new process.    

TESTING RESOURCES FOR VACCINATED GUESTS
CARNIVAL RADIANCE, CARNIVAL CONQUEST & CARNIVAL LIBERTY
FEBRUARY 4 THROUGH APRIL 30, 2022

Dear Carnival Guest,

We are looking forward to welcoming you on your upcoming Carnival cruise. 

Current CDC protocols require vaccinated guests to receive a pre-cruise COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within two days of sailing. To provide guests with a convenient and affordable opportunity to get their test, we are expanding our in-terminal antigen testing capabilities for the ships referenced above. This will allow all vaccinated guests to receive their required pre-cruise test as part of the embarkation process.  

Guests must register in advance. A non-refundable US$10, per person, charge will be assessed to the guest’s Sail & Sign account.  

To register, please use the link designated below for your departure port.

Embarkation Port

Reservation Link

Carnival Radiance – Long Beach 

Carnival Conquest – Miami &
Carnival Liberty – Port Canaveral

Man 10 bux!! What a deal.

I just received a letter from Carnival and they want 100 bux to get a test done, what a rip off.

8 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

I registered when not sure if able to get a test. May no longer need at port. Do they still have charge regardless or if actually take test then bill. Thanks

I did not have to register. I went on 18, so just last week. If said no registration for radiance when I clicked on link.

I was not charged but they had no idea of backup plan. At pre registration I told them I had test done and they guided to line where everyone had done in advance.

I was totally prepared, when clicking on link to register to risk ten bucks.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions and for sharing your experiences concerning the pre-cruise Covid testing. The email that I received did have the link that directed me to Carnival Doc-Go to register. I wanted to try the pre-cruise Covid testing at the Long Beach terminal because of the convenience and the $10 price. Based on what I have read on some of the replies I feel a little better but I will have my backup plan in place just in case.

I can't wait to get back to enjoying that cruise life again. Happy cruising to you all.