Covid Test In San Juan

babba

20 minutes ago, Starflyr3 said:

we are using the Inspire online proctored test, but there are several CVSs and Walgreens near the terminal.

There are no Walgreens or CVS stores near the cruise port that offer testing and the locations in San Juan that offer testing all require driving up in a car.

12 minutes ago, Starflyr3 said:

I'm well aware of the availability of various proctored tests such as the one to which you provided a link, but that has nothing to do with my post, which was made in response to the misinformation you posted about testing availability in San Juan CVS and Walgreens stores.

To assist the OP, another test that many use for travel is this one, which also may be available from other vendors:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-3-pack/

Edited by njhorseman

27 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I'm well aware of the availability of various proctored tests such as the one to which you provided a link, but that has nothing to do with my post, which was made in response to the misinformation you posted about testing availability in San Juan CVS and Walgreens stores.

To assist the OP, another test that many use for travel is this one, which also may be available from other vendors:

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-3-pack/

I looked, because we are going to be in PR for more than 2 days prior to our cruise.  So, having to drive/uber/taxi/whatever a little ways isnt a big deal, and there ARE CVS and Walgreens fairly nearby (1 <15 minutes away).  not walking distance, but not super far.  Yes, Walgreens is drive thru.

If OP is leaving home <48 hours prior to the cruise, they can test at home.   If they're going to be in PR for a couple of days, a testing site 15-30 min from the cruise port isnt unreasonably far.

YMMV.  My definition of "close" may be different from yours.   

The reason I went with inspire is because they'll do 4 tests in 30 minutes, by appointment, and I have kids that will get in less trouble doing it in our hotel room then sitting in a pharmacy for 2 hours.

also, worst case scenario, NCL will allow people to test at the pier for (I think?) $130 per person, and are providing testing at the pier for kids <12 who are unvaccinated.

Edited by Starflyr3
  • Like 1

I'm coming off the Epic last Sunday, I needed a molecular test to get home.  You cannot rely on any Walgreens or CVS location in Puerto Rico, I'm not sure how appointments are allocated, but there were zero available every time I checked.  

Walgreens appeared to only let you book 3 days out, so you'd have to book the appointment while on board. 

I just did a virtual proctored test while on the boat and it worked out. 

Don't count on easy access to pharmacy tests in San Juan.

That being said, if an antigen test was required, they'd do that on board for free.  (Or so they say, I was told they'd do a PCR test onboard for free as well, but then that changed)

Edited by jules181