Post cruise testing covered by Princess??

cruiseamm

There are multiple reports that Princess or the port testing facility is denying the test is being paid by Princess. Is this port specific? (I've seen reports from Ft. Lauderdale)

Experiences, factual information ...?  Thanks.

Required plan A, B, C for everything travel. 🤕

I got off Enchanted in Fort Lauderdale last Friday (18th).  After getting off in FLL and going to the testing area I was told that they were not testing people flying out the same day.  Only people flying out the next day (day after disembarking) were allowed to get the test.  Anybody flying out same day had to go to the airport and get tested there at their own expense ($160pp USD).

Personally I had a backup Telehealth test from Switch Health with me so was able to use that, but I talked to a few people at the airport that had been told the same thing, they were going to try and get the cost back from Princess but I'm not sure if that ever happened.

We were given a notice on ship the day before disembarking telling us that testing would be available at the port at no cost.  They did say that due to constraints there may be a delay or line-up for testing but there was no mention at all that they would not be testing for people flying out same day or that there were limited supplies.

Also FYI - I was booked on a Princess transfer to the FLL airport and was off the ship around 8:30am, another couple i met up with at the airport walked off on their own around 7:30 and were told that they had run out of tests, not sure how that could have happened though.

Bottom line, I would not bet on Princess providing the required tests at the port for you to fly home.  Be prepared with a backup plan.

• Thanks 1

If you're Canadian, yes.  Some other nationalities do as well to get back into the country without quarantine, fines, etc.

If you are American and just headed home inside the U.S. as far as I know you do NOT.

Edited by jpom18

Update… received in my cabin this evening:

“We hope you have enjoyed your voyage on board Caribbean Princess. It has been our pleasure to host you on this cruise.
Our records indicate that your onward travel plans may require a COVID-19 PCR test, which we had arranged to have administered at the cruise terminal immediately following your disembarkation
tomorrow. We have just been informed by our testing vendor that due to the global shortage of RT PCR tests, they will not have any tests available.
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. We attempted to find an alternate solution, but regretfully the global supply chain issues have affected all the vendors in the area.
PCR testing is offered at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) through Nomi Health. Rapid PC test results are available up to 45 minutes after testing at a cost of $159 USD, and they accept credit and debit cards for payment. The testing service is in Terminal 3 near Door 314, in the lower level near baggage claim (pre-security). Follow the directional signage at the airport to the testing site.
To book a test in advance, visit https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite or scan the QR code below with the camera app on your mobile phone or other smart device. Rapid PCR test results are available up to 45 minutes after testing at a cost of $159 USD, and credit and debit cards are accepted
for payment. For questions about COVID-19 testing, screening results, or online appointment support, please call 305-280-0441 or 833-483-1319.
We understand that this may cause you to incur unexpected expenses. If you must pay for a test that is not covered by your health insurance, we will reimburse you. Should you incur un-reimbursable testing fees, a reimbursement form is available at princess.com/refund-request.
Again, we regret this disruption to the end of your cruise vacation and appreciate your understanding that it is beyond our control. If you would like to adjust your disembarkation time to allow additional time before your flight, please visit Guest Services for assistance.
Thank you for sailing with us, and we wish you safe onward travels.”

PS: I was advised by Guest Services that complimentary Antigen test ARE still available. Fine if you’re travelling back to Canada on or after February 28th. Bring a backup test kit with you!