Cabo - is this itinerary reasonable?

AandBmom

We are in town 7am-3pm

We are thinking of getting off the ship, taking a glass bottom boat to the arch, etc then getting dropped near Baja Brewery. 

Hang out on the beach, check out the brewery, etc.  Then stop at a few fun taco/drinks spots as shown on this map.....

Is it doable?  Healthy family ranging from age 11-50

image.thumb.png.ea9f675485f5db7073fe49e03fc7c351.png

The boat to Los Arcos and getting dropped off at Medano Beach is easy.  Walking back to the tender pier is also easy.  The only issue is if you will have enough time to visit the taco/drink spots. 

If you get an early start, it will work, but if your day doesn't start until 11 or so (about the time I can get my wife off the ship after breakfast), not so much!

I think you will have to be back at the tender dock by 2:00, and there is usually a very long line for the tender.  [Being in line by the deadline is good enough.]  Sorry, the new name for a tender is something like "passenger transportation device", but that is confusing because that might be what they renamed the elevators on the ship.

On 2/25/2022 at 5:26 PM, Mike45LC said:

The boat to Los Arcos and getting dropped off at Medano Beach is easy.  Walking back to the tender pier is also easy. 

Will it be relatively easy to obtain a water taxi or regular taxi back to the tender pier from Medano Beach? And do you happen to know how long it would take to get back to the tender pier?

12 hours ago, bmar808 said:

Will it be relatively easy to obtain a water taxi or regular taxi back to the tender pier from Medano Beach? And do you happen to know how long it would take to get back to the tender pier?

You will not have any trouble finding a water taxi once off the tender.  There will be many individuals waiting right off tender to pick up people for such tours.  Compare prices and watch for funny business a bit....we did it once agreed upon price etc...took the boat and then when we returned, they tried to charge us a "pier" fee to walk on the pier off their boat...we laughed and walked away but don't be a sucker for such antics.  It is all within short distance a few minutes.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:13 PM, AandBmom said:

We are in town 7am-3pm

We are thinking of getting off the ship, taking a glass bottom boat to the arch, etc then getting dropped near Baja Brewery. 

Hang out on the beach, check out the brewery, etc.  Then stop at a few fun taco/drinks spots as shown on this map.....

Is it doable?  Healthy family ranging from age 11-50

image.thumb.png.ea9f675485f5db7073fe49e03fc7c351.png

It is doable but as another stated it really will depend on what time you get off tender....tender lines fill up quickly and there is priority to those with a CruiseLine booked excursion and many lines offer priority to their platinum/Diamond passengers etc...when not trying to get off ASAP one usually gets off 10-11am ish....and you do need to head back to tender location with spare time too....so IF you want to spend significant time at either beach or brewery you MIGHT want to pick one of the two.  Our family usually gets off heads to Medano Beach to hang out at beach we eat there and then on way back hit a few shops etc.....there is just enough time to do that IMO.  HAVE FUN I personally LOVE Cabo!!!

19 hours ago, bmar808 said:

I don't bother to try to take a water taxi from Medano Beach back to the tender pier area.  I walk to the street and grab a land taxi (or a bicycle taxi).  Not hard at all.  I'd give myself a minimum of 30 minutes, although the ride is only 10 - 15 minutes.  

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

Hi, I was wondering if this worked out for you. I heard the only way to take a water taxi to the Medano Beach area was by getting off in the water knee to waist high and wanted to see if this was your experience or if you were able to get off at a specific spot with a dock. We are going in December with 3 kiddos 4-7 but would love to be able to take a water taxi here. Thanks!

On 2/25/2022 at 5:13 PM, AandBmom said:

We are in town 7am-3pm

45 minutes ago, Bupperd00dle said:

Hi, I was wondering if this worked out for you. I heard the only way to take a water taxi to the Medano Beach area was by getting off in the water knee to waist high and wanted to see if this was your experience or if you were able to get off at a specific spot with a dock. We are going in December with 3 kiddos 4-7 but would love to be able to take a water taxi here. Thanks!

Yes, to get to the beach from the water taxi, you need to wade in the water.  Knee or thigh deep in my experience, but I have seen people get caught in waves and wipe out to full immersion!  I don't recall seeing any docks on Medano Beach for a dry disembarkation!  You'll need to judge how mature the kids are, and how capable/athletic.  This would not be cool for toddlers! 

No docks at Medano Beach. Definitely walking ashore from at least knee deep (adult knee) water. And Mike45 is 100% correct. If there is wave action, I've seen people get very wet. It would be the same thing going in reverse. Walking out to the boat - pulling yourself into the boat, etc. There are usually locals hanging around in the area to help you in and out of the boats (working for tips, so be nice).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, megbowlstrike said:

When getting out of the boat for Medano Beach, do you have to jump off the side or do they have a ladder you can walk down into the water?

No ladder.  You just climb over the gunwale.  And to get back on the boat, the same thing.  

Those locals who PadresFan mentioned are very helpful, but sometimes it gets a little bit intimate as they help grab/push the tourists!  Especially those with broad fundamentals.  Not very dignified.

Hello!  Does the tender off the ship take you to a dock where you then get into a water taxi that drops you off in the water at Medano Beach OR is it possible to avoid the water taxi and just take a land taxi to Medano beach once you get off the tender?  A few in my party are not mobile enough to hop on and off a water taxi with thigh high water on the beach.

The water taxis are at the docks near the tender dock.  Not the same pier, but nearby in the Marina.  You climb directly from the pier to the boat.  Some people take the glass-bottom boat tour to the Arch and return to the pier, avoiding the climb off the boat into the water and the wading ashore, and then grab a land-taxi to the beach.  

My last trip to Cabo, we skipped the water taxi and took a pedicab to a cafe.  After eating, I walked to the Beach and my wife remained in the cafe (listening to a band playing classic rock).  I took a land-cab back to the cafe to pick her up, and we pedicabbed back to the tender dock.