Hotel in Gatwick Airport

Hi! Hope someone can answer my question.  We are doing a Princess Norway cruise in June leaving from Southampton.  We would like to fly in a day early and stay at one of the hotels located inside Gatwick Airport in either the North or South terminals.  We purchased Princess transfers from the cruiseline. Their info says to meet your transfer representative  "In Gatwick airport-South Terminal - Arrival Area in front of the WHSmith Newsagent".  My question is if we are staying inside the airport in one of the hotels onsite, can we easily go to South Terminal (I know there is an inter-terminal shuttle train) -- but would security restrictions prevent us from meeting our transfer in this area -- since we won't have a ticket flying out that day.  Hope I'm being clear, but I like to know any issues prior to arriving.

All the hotels art Gatwick are landside (ie after border control for incoming passengers), as is the shuttle between the North and South Terminals, so no problem at all. 

If you are thinking of hotels actually IN the terminals, such  as Bloc or Yotel, please make sure you understand their concepts and the size of rooms/facilities. I have stayed at the Premier Inn, which is literally just across a road outside the entrance to the North Terminal, which was fine. There are others, such  as Hilton, Hampton and Sofitel equally convenient - what I would think of as ON the airport, not IN the airport!