Never Cruised with MSC.........Thinking of Booking SL1 Suite, Wrap Around Corner Aft Suite

BACON227

Can anybody post their experience with this category suite.  Are there privacy issues as a result of the see through walking bridge above.  Pros\cons of the cabin itself, any info will be greatly appreciated.

So, awhile back I had been looking at booking one of those staterooms, and did a bit of research. I was able to find Youtube videos that were super helpful (check the other ships in class - it is a similar set up), including one that had a full review. It did not seem that the walkway was an issue. The bigger issue could be the pool area below. I had some concerns about overlooking that area rather than directly out to sea, but you do have the side balcony. Overall it looked like a great stateroom, and if we had gone on that ship I would have booked such a stateroom. I believe the higher the deck the better off you are. 

13 minutes ago, Gatrcruzer said:

So, awhile back I had been looking at booking one of those staterooms, and did a bit of research. I was able to find Youtube videos that were super helpful (check the other ships in class - it is a similar set up), including one that had a full review. It did not seem that the walkway was an issue. The bigger issue could be the pool area below. I had some concerns about overlooking that area rather than directly out to sea, but you do have the side balcony. Overall it looked like a great stateroom, and if we had gone on that ship I would have booked such a stateroom. I believe the higher the deck the better off you are. 

Thanks Gatr, I'll check out the YouTube videos, I was thinking the same , higher deck would be better, it looks like a really cool cabin.

• Like 1

Just returned from a 2 week sailing on the Seaview in the same type of cabin (2 adults + 1 toddler)… we loved it. We booked on board for the same suite for Christmas/NYE on the Seashore.

Room itself is larger then a standard balcony. There is a long hallway in the entrance of the cabin (which was great with a toddler who likes to walk around) and much larger bathroom. Balcony was just amazing… great views. Always usable even when the ship is at sea. No issues with noise. Great location…. Next to aft elevators with easy access to the buffet/pool decks. 

Aurea benefits kinda suck now. For us, having access to the Top 19 deck was nice but could have lived without but the My Choice dining really helped with a toddler.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thespartyof3 said:

Just returned from a 2 week sailing on the Seaview i

Not to hjack this thread

We board Seaview in 5 days, and there is almost no info on Seaview. We are YC.

How full was the ship? Were all the venues open? Did they let you off freely in all the ports?

THanks

We sailed on the Inaugural Seaside sailing out of Miami in one of those Aurea Aft Suites as they were then called on Deck 14 on the Starboard side, the cabin was great with lots of storage space with great views from inside and outside the cabin. These ships are the only ones sailing that have a Seaview from the bathroom when the door is open via the ceiling to floor narrow window. The bridge above was never an issue though the ladies should be sure to wear trousers or jogging bottoms while standing on it LoL. The only downside was the window washing machine is anchored on Deck 14 but to be honest it did not spoil the view.

8 hours ago, thespartyof3 said:

Just returned from a 2 week sailing on the Seaview in the same type of cabin (2 adults + 1 toddler)… we loved it. We booked on board for the same suite for Christmas/NYE on the Seashore.

Room itself is larger then a standard balcony. There is a long hallway in the entrance of the cabin (which was great with a toddler who likes to walk around) and much larger bathroom. Balcony was just amazing… great views. Always usable even when the ship is at sea. No issues with noise. Great location…. Next to aft elevators with easy access to the buffet/pool decks. 

Aurea benefits kinda suck now. For us, having access to the Top 19 deck was nice but could have lived without but the My Choice dining really helped with a toddler.  

Thanks for the info

2 hours ago, sidari said:

We sailed on the Inaugural Seaside sailing out of Miami in one of those Aurea Aft Suites as they were then called on Deck 14 on the Starboard side, the cabin was great with lots of storage space with great views from inside and outside the cabin. These ships are the only ones sailing that have a Seaview from the bathroom when the door is open via the ceiling to floor narrow window. The bridge above was never an issue though the ladies should be sure to wear trousers or jogging bottoms while standing on it LoL. The only downside was the window washing machine is anchored on Deck 14 but to be honest it did not spoil the view.

Thanks