Vibe Beach Club on Breakaway recently

Rick-n-Lisa

4 minutes ago, kodos said:

I was just in the breakaway Vibe 2 weeks ago. Passes were in the comedy club. Even at not full capacity the main deck and pool were packed so Vibe was worth it. Bartender was great, he was on his last cross of a 8 month contract so he was having fun. 

Thanks, we're joining on the 15th and will head there 1st. Hopefully the new bartender is just as good 

4 minutes ago, Deb and Jack said:

Thanks, we're joining on the 15th and will head there 1st. Hopefully the new bartender is just as good 

My sailing the Vibe didn't sell out. Passes were sold on the second day. I can't imagine this is going to last forever so enjoy it while you can. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rino002 said:

would you get the therma pass and the vibe?

Thermal Spa is great for cruises leaving and returning a cool / colder area. We always get the thermal spa was leaving out of NYC in the winter

5 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Thermal Spa is great for cruises leaving and returning a cool / colder area. We always get the thermal spa was leaving out of NYC in the winter

yea i agree, with you on that!  I love to swim, but hate the sun, so it works out 

From the pictures, it doesn't look like there is any shade on the vibe beach club unless you get a cabana.  And if the cabanas are those clam shell things against the glass wall, wouldn't it get hot in there with no air flow?

I have always purchased a cabana on Holland America. The provide shade, service and depending on location, good air flow.

I was planning on paying for vibe passes just to get a shaded and less crowded space.  Is that what Breakaway Vibe offers?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, IslandFamilyTime said:

From the pictures, it doesn't look like there is any shade on the vibe beach club unless you get a cabana.  And if the cabanas are those clam shell things against the glass wall, wouldn't it get hot in there with no air flow?

I have always purchased a cabana on Holland America. The provide shade, service and depending on location, good air flow.

I was planning on paying for vibe passes just to get a shaded and less crowded space.  Is that what Breakaway Vibe offers?

Depending on wind conditions they bring out large umbrellas.....  see video.....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IslandFamilyTime said:

I wonder the same. We are sailing on the GA in July and I'd purchase Vibe, (if possible) to ensure that we had shade for sea days. 

15 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Depending on wind conditions they bring out large umbrellas.....  see video.....

Thank you for sharing the video, this is great. Do you know if the two-seater lounges cost extra or just the cabanas? Are the clamshells considered cabana? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jennsails said:

Thank you for sharing the video, this is great. Do you know if the two-seater lounges cost extra or just the cabanas? Are the clamshells considered cabana? 

The only "Extra Charge" is for a Cabana. You pay for that when you get your vibe pass. Each is numbered and its yours the whole time, nobody else is allowed to use it

45 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

The only "Extra Charge" is for a Cabana. You pay for that when you get your vibe pass. Each is numbered and its yours the whole time, nobody else is allowed to use it

do you know what the cost of the cabanas are?

12 hours ago, IslandFamilyTime said:

Does anyone know if the white clamshells are the cabanas?

Yes, the clamshells are the cabanas.  Last I knew it was $2xx (200ish) for the week to add the cabana.  I'd be curious to hear recent cabana pricing, but we'll be trying to get one in a few weeks.  

They have plenty of umbrellas that they will move around for you to provide shade. Those clamshells are worthless. They are locked into a position and depending on the direction the boat is going they get full sun. They crammed an umbrella into one while we were there for someone who rented one. 

I always get the spa package and on my moment recent trip my spa cabin bid was accepted. Vibe, Spa, and dining package for me equals Haven light. I spend my post Vibe and pre dinner/entertainment time in the Spa watching sail away. Also the spa locker room bath is larger than the cabin so I shower and get ready there leaving the cabin for my wife to get ready. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, kodos said:

They have plenty of umbrellas that they will move around for you to provide shade. Those clamshells are worthless. They are locked into a position and depending on the direction the boat is going they get full sun. They crammed an umbrella into one while we were there for someone who rented one. 

I always get the spa package and on my moment recent trip my spa cabin bid was accepted. Vibe, Spa, and dining package for me equals Haven light. I spend my post Vibe and pre dinner/entertainment time in the Spa watching sail away. Also the spa locker room bath is larger than the cabin so I shower and get ready there leaving the cabin for my wife to get ready. 

My wife and I got to try a clamshell out for 30 minutes. Forget it, after 15 min we were don....... It was sooooo hot. Very little airflow at the time. We wouldn't have used them if they were free

• Thanks 1