Cabanas on Ocean Kay

johnnylincoln

I don't know how accurate this is but I found....

Cabana's available for all guests:

• Ocean Cay Beach Cabana - $249  
  • Deluxe Ocean Cay Beach Cabana - $349  

Exclusive MSC Yacht Club cabanas (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR MSC YC GUESTS):

• MSC Yacht Club Ocean View Cabana - $399  
  • MSC Yacht Club Beachfront Cabana - $449 

I have never rented a cabana anywhere and never thought I would but I highly recommend the cabana.  Get number 26.  It is next to bar and food and bathrooms.  We enjoyed it so much we got it a second day and just got one for our cruise in 2 weeks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hummer2407 said:

I have never rented a cabana anywhere and never thought I would but I highly recommend the cabana.  Get number 26.  It is next to bar and food and bathrooms.  We enjoyed it so much we got it a second day and just got one for our cruise in 2 weeks.

Just out of curiosity, what does it include, and what makes it worth the cost? Also, what are the locations like for the non-YC vs YC cabanas? Like you, I have never rented a cabana before, and was not sure it was worth it. We are good with hanging at the beach and are pretty self-sufficient, and may wish to change locations over the course of the day for different activities, so wasn't sure if a cabana would be a good fit.

17 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I don't know how accurate this is but I found....

Cabana's available for all guests:

• Ocean Cay Beach Cabana - $249  
  • Deluxe Ocean Cay Beach Cabana - $349  

Exclusive MSC Yacht Club cabanas (ONLY AVAILABLE FOR MSC YC GUESTS):

• MSC Yacht Club Ocean View Cabana - $399  
  • MSC Yacht Club Beachfront Cabana - $449 

Thank you so much. This may be the only time we all get to the Caribbean so I'm looking to book some special things we wouldn't usually. 

17 hours ago, hummer2407 said:

If you don't mind me asking:  How did you pick a certain number?  I have one reserved for an upcoming cruise, but do not remember the option of picking.  Also, is there a map somewhere that shows all the locations to choose from?

You have to ask once on board.  I was told I couldnt request one, but after asking again I was able to do so.  If you are going on the March 27th Meraviglia cruise please dont take my cabana 26,  lol.  We liked it because it comes with a couch, couple of patio chairs, table, cooler, they were installing fans, beach/float mats, and shade.  My mother and others dont like sitting in the sun all day so this makes it nice.  Its a nice place to make home base for the day.  A nice place to store electronics out of the sand.  It was just more relaxing than lounge chairs in the sand all day.  I love lounging in the sun and sand and you can do that too in front of the cabana.  It just works well for families with older and or younger kids.  Im really cheap.  I agreed to do this once and then found it to be worth it for me.  To each their own.....but I was pleasantly surprised.  

Nope...We are the on the Seashore...so #26 is safe 🙂  I agree with you though, it is good to have a home base.  We did one years ago on Princess and it was a little more involved and included food etc.  But, Im looking forward to ours on Ocean Cay as well.