Weight Limit on Luggage

hkbragg

Better to check with the air line, but this is what I understand the weight limits to be. Domestic flights checked baggage, 50 lbs. per bag, 2 bags per person. International flights checked baggage, 70 lbs. per bag, 2 bags per person. I have been known to be wrong in the past! Hmm.....It would be nice if someone could verify:rolleyes:

Some airlines will let you slide a couple extra pounds. Although, I wouldn't suggest testing the system. My girlfriends suitcase was 55lbs. and the airline attendant checking us in didn't say a word about it. My guess is she didn't care or didn't look at the weight.

Some airlines will let you slide a couple extra pounds. Although, I wouldn't suggest testing the system. My girlfriends suitcase was 55lbs. and the airline attendant checking us in didn't say a word about it. My guess is she didn't care or didn't look at the weight.

Same thing happened with us, at the curb side check in the bag was 59 lbs, they let it slide, of course the tip always helps. But when we checked in at the counter on the way home, they were to the ounce! maybe because they don't get tips?:rolleyes:

The airlines are the same, 50lbs per bag. It's the people working the counter that are different. Some will let you slide by a few pounds, some don't even look at the read out on the scale, and some either charge you or make you open your suitcases and re-distribute weight. Had that happen to me twice. Didn't make sense to me but once I had to move 5 pounds from one bag that was 55 lbs over to another bag that was 40 lbs. I tried reasoning with him that both bags are going on the same plane and combined they weighed 95 lbs.

but no dice, I had to open both suitcases, delay the people behind me, and transfer stuff over.

Thank you for the responses. We are driving so the airline weight limits aren't an issue. I just wanted to make sure that the 200lb weight limit was for each person not cabin. I couldn't find anything about it on the RCI website.

Thanks,

Heidi

Is the weight limit of 200 pounds on luggege per person or per cabin.

That really depends on the weight of the person stuffed in the bag.

They way bags are handled though, he or she might be a little worse for wear when you unpack in the room....

I just went to Washington, D.C. for a conference and carried home the same thing in my checked luggage that i took to D.C. with me. I flew Delta which was a BIG BIG BIG HUGE MAJORLY STUPID mistake!!! I went over to first class ticketing and check-in and the crazy lady told me my checked bag was overweight. Turn out after was all said and done, she had sat both checked bags on the scale together. I mean come on now...If your checkin in @ the first class kiosk, you need to do better than that. Hope that I dont have any problems on my upcoming cruise on the majesty on march 6th.

unfortunately flying a plane is no longer a luxury travel even in first class....I just bought a new set of luggage the same that I bought 10 years ago and because of the limitations they have down sized the luggage!

They don't weight the luggage on a ship but I doubt that one in 500 go over the limit anyway...

Flying within the US or overseas the weight required per bag is different for most major airlines. Check with the airline that you have booked, as to their most updated weight and size requirements.

Also, if you fly to Europe, and then fly within the region, the weight requirements are even less! Best to leave those extra pair of shoes behind!

LOL!

Archived